Danny M
Participant
@danny-m

Wassup guys,

I just have a few questions about my tattoo which looks like it has healed (4 weeks since I got it done), which I hope someone can answer.

1. Should I still moisturize my tattoo after it’s healed?
2. When the sun is out and my tattoo is on show, should I always put sun-cream lotion on it?
3. Can I soak it in the bath or go swimming in pools?

Thanks in advance 🙂

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

1) While it’s not a necessity, you view your tattoo through the window of your skin. When you skin gets dry, it gets white and flakey, which makes your tattoos appear dull. Personally, I lotion the ever living shit out of my tattooed skin on a daily basis to help keep them looking sharp.

2) That’s a personal choice. If you skin gets tanned, your tattoos appear duller, and over the years, habitual exposure to the sun will dull your ink. Most people aren’t willing to wear long sleeves in the summer or sun-block up every time they go out into the sun–and for the rare idiot willing to like me, people tend to look at you like you’re a nutjob.

3) Once it’s healed, you tattoo is skin. Bath it or swim with it like you would any other part of your body. While your ink is healed, generally speaking, after two weeks, I personally would wait for an entire month before you hopped in a pool.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Danny M
Participant
@danny-m

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Yellowbeard
Participant
@yellowbeard
KnightHawk;78283 wrote:
If you skin gets tanned, your tattoos appear duller, and over the years, habitual exposure to the sun will dull your ink. Most people aren’t willing to wear long sleeves in the summer or sun-block up every time they go out into the sun–and for the rare idiot willing to like me, people tend to look at you like you’re a nutjob.

I think any of us who have sleeves can testify to that. In my own experience, my upper arms are still in good shape ten years down the road while my lower arms, which see a good bit of sun exposure, are faded. If I get a tan during the summer, once vibrant colors and shading can become barely distinguishable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.