nufan947
Participant
@nufan947

Hi,

I got my first tattoo 3 months ago, some text inside some clouds on the inside of my bicep. It seemed to heal pretty well, and it looks good, however there a are a few spots that are still a little raised when I run my fingers over them. It isn’t terribly noticeable unless I’m concentrating on it, but it’s freaking me out a little bit.

Could this have been something I did wrong? The artist’s fault? Or am I just being paranoid and it’s fine? Everything looks great, it just seems weird that parts of it are still very slightly raised up. It’s nothing like it was while it was still healing, but still a little concerning to me, plus I’ve got an appointment a month from now to get another tattoo at the same place and I’d like some reassurance (it’s a pretty well-respected place).

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

the raised parts are completely normal. every piece i have feels a little raised when i run my fingers over them, especially on the line work.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

Like Apostle said it’s pretty normal. I’ve had my back done since last summer and it’s still feels a lil raised, shouldn’t be as drastic as when you first got it, but you’ll be able to feel it.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

MIne too, esp line work. I think it’s some level of scar tissue but it’s totally normal. Or we are all abnormal, I guess that’s an option too.

nufan947
Participant
@nufan947

Thank you guys so much for the replies! This really makes me feel better, I was freaking myself out for some reason…. but yeah, I noticed that the lines of the clouds were where it still seemed raised, so that makes sense then.

Thanks again, and now I’m even more stoked (and put at ease) to get my next piece!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not a single millimeter of mine is raised, and I thought that was the norm. Raised, as I’ve understood, means that the artist was heavy-handed. I’d like to know which is true.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson
ArniVidar;76986 wrote:
Not a single millimeter of mine is raised, and I thought that was the norm. Raised, as I’ve understood, means that the artist was heavy-handed. I’d like to know which is true.

The heavy-hand is probably the case cause I know my artist is, she’s good at what she does but indeed heavy-handed.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
ArniVidar;76986 wrote:

Yeah, my skull I can’t feel. The one on my shoulder however…Actually, I can’t feel either..

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
ArniVidar;76986 wrote:

Yeah, ditto. There’s no raised spots on any of my ink, and it’s also my understanding that raised areas are caused by heavy handed tattoo artists.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
KnightHawk;81010 wrote:
Yeah, ditto. There’s no raised spots on any of my ink, and it’s also my understanding that raised areas are caused by heavy handed tattoo artists.

None of mine are raised. On my phantom of the opera piece the artist was heavy handed the guy was absolutely brutal and it is still laying there flat.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i dunno,,,,,,,,,,,none of mine are raised constantly,,,,,,,,but for what ever reason…….. heat, humidity, phase of teh moon.,……., random parts of random ink will feel raised…….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.