pebbles201
Participant
@pebbles201

Hello, after many years of searching for the perfect one, I have finally got my first tattoo at the bottom of my back in dark blue. The tattooist told me to leave bandage on for two hours, then clean it and use vaseline every couple of hours. I have been doing this since saturday night when I got it. No excess ink came off and it looked completely perfect. However this afternoon a lot of blue started shifting, I read online all the anti vaseline advice and have got myself completely worried! I have straight away switched to bepanthen, but is it too late?! Thank you for ANY advice!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I have no idea whether or not it’s too late, but there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it if it IS too late. So just care for the tat and it’ll heal and if the vaseline did any harm (nothing is certain, either way) then you’ll just get it touched up again in a few weeks time.

As for those once every two hours, that’s WAY too much IMO. Use very little at a time, and not so often. Don’t drown the ink in lubricant.

Read this thread, especially Sherav’s posts. Bepanthen may not be a good idea either:

http://www.thetattooforum.com/need-some-advice-t11767.html

pebbles201
Participant
@pebbles201

Thank you for your help!!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Quite welcome. That’s what we’re here for 🙂

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I would just be using scent free lotion. Don’t drown the tattoo in it. Just enough to keep it from drying out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.