dazfran
@

Hello all, just wondered if anyone can help me??
I’ve had the tattoo 14 weeks now it’s red flames & grey shade cloud. I’ve had a rash on the grey area for 10 weeks now,
I went to see the artist who did it & he said it was the red causing the reaction, but the red is clear only the grey is rashed up.
I saw another tattoo artist for a 2nd opinion & they said it was what ever my artist used to water down the black to make the shade that’s causing the reaction.
I’ve been to see the doc twice with no success. Has anyone ever seen this sort of thing before? Am I stuck with this rash now or will it go in time? Will it help if I get the grey covered up with another colour??
Please help!! 🙂

stillbirth_machine
Participant
@stillbirth_machine

What are you using for after care? Can you post a photo?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all you need to look at what you are using for treatment – some steroidal creams or other skin care products can result in a red rash.

The next part is to ask your orig artist what was in the red pigment – some do suffer from red pigment allergy similar to what you are experiencing.

My own tattoo took a lot longer to heal on the red, scabbed hard, and itched like a bastard for ages after. It did however settle and is now fine.

Have you tried anti-histermine treatment or been tested for any food allergies or sexually transmitted infections? RThe key thing is not all rashes are tattoo related – however the pigment used maybe causing the resulting rash.

Red – This is perhaps one of the most allergic reacting of the inks because it is usually created from iron oxide (rust).

The use of both Cadmium Red and Cinnabar are to be avoided at all costs due to their high level of toxicity.

They can also contain Naptha-AS, which is highly flammable and can be carcinogenic. This is mainly used in fuels such as paraffin. An extract of Naptha is Napthol, which whilst less volatile and allergy causing is still quite toxic.

There are other synthetic pigments used in plastics, which can replicate the red pigment.

Check with your artist if the ink he used contained Cadmium, Naptha, or Napthol. – If it does warn your Dr immediately as otherwise it will bug you forever if that shit is in your system.

If it is an oxide reaction it should have cleared up by now (but I am not a Dr.).

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.