Caca
Participant
@caca

Hi all. Had my first tattoo done 12 days ago on the top of my foot. It is a series of 4 butterflies and I absolutely adore it hence being gutted this morning when a small part of a scab came off to reveal red raw skin underneath ๐Ÿ™

The majority of it seems to be healing fine. Absolutely no problems with the black outlining. The coloured areas feel a little rough to the touch and little bits of peeling (exactly like I understand it should be) but the centre of one of the butterflies (this is the one nearest my ankle where the foot naturally flexes when walking etc) seemed to scab up about 8 days in. I have just continued to keep it clean, uncovered (no shoes or socks), didn’t mess with it, and apply A&D (sometimes alternating with an organic unscented cream) 3 times daily, patting over the top to remove any excess moisture.

This morning, when patting dry after a shower (I try to let as little water get to it as possible when showering but it’s inevitable that it does get wet) with a paper towel a part of the scab came away to reveal red raw skin. On dabbing it there were tiny dots of pale liquid. I can’t see any colour, just red, raw, slightly indented skin – just looks like any ‘normal’ skin does when a scab comes off prematurely.

It’s not sore but of course now looks ugly having this horrible raw looking bit in the middle of my nice purple butterfly. I could cry! What can I do? Just continue to keep clean and exposed to the air, and continue to apply A&D ? And hope and pray for the best ?

Cx

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

sounds like the skin was over worked a bit when you got you tat. This happened to me as well on my most recent one. Since it was an open wound with no pigment in it I used neosporan to get it to heal and then I went in to get it touched up- no biggie. Don’t freak out, keep it clean, get it healed and you can touch it up when it’s done healinge

Caca
Participant
@caca

Thank you – good to know I’m not alone and that my foot isn’t going to fall off ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m in the UK (Scotland) so we don’t have this neosporin stuff that I keep reading about. I assume it’s some kind of antiseptic – would you recommend switching to this instead of the A&D? We have ‘Savlon’ here which is a mild antiseptic?

I can’t go back to the studio because I had the tattoo done whilst on holiday in the US, but I guess I’ll just have to be patient and wait for it to heal before assessing the damage and seeing about finding someone reputable here to do a touch-up as necessary. Grrr, so pee’d off about this yucky spot on my otherwise lovely beautiful tattoo ๐Ÿ˜ก

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.