Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I got a foot tattoo about 3 weeks ago. Suddenly a few days ago it got puffy and itchy.
I noticed that only the outline of the tattoo was puffy, not the inside. Funny thing is my tattoo has no colored border.
I called my artist and she was confused why the outline would be puffy, especially since she just did the out line in distilled water (not sure why water but whatever). I was worried it was the pink ink I was allergic to but it’s not affecting the entire tattoo.
I am using hydrocortisone cream and it appears to be helping a little but I am still worried what’s going on.
Has anyone heard of this before? I am going to go to the doctor if it’s not better by Monday.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Perhaps the water wasn’t as distilled as she thinks/claims?

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

If you search this forum, you will find many people have some form of this problem. I have on tat that, on occation will raise. Usually on very hot day with alot of sun. In my opinion its a reaction from the ink. Chances are there is nothing to be done and hopfully this will go away. If you do see a doctor, I would reccommend a dermatologist. Also, let us know if there is anything they can do. You could also try allergy meds.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I’ve tried allergy meds and topical anti-histamine creams. The itching went away but the raised part didn’t. I just worry that I have permanent raised scarring. I don’t believe it’s an ink allery because where the tattoo is raised there is no ink outline- she just outlined in water. Ugh, I guess I just have to live with a bumpy tattoo.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.