uzerx
@

I recently got a tattoo, maybe a week ago. I have been putting neosporin on it like the artist said to do. But its like… peeling off in wet bits of skin, sometimes a little blood. I’m really worried if it’s infected. here is a pic.

you can see a little lightening up of the black in spots and the red is very wet still for some reason. please help.

Snapshot_20100607_4.jpg

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey

I’m afraid I don’t have the knowledge to be particularly helpful, but I can save you time and tell you that those who CAN be helpful will probably need a bigger, better quality picture.

Bleeding doesn’t sound particularly healthy…maybe you should talk to your tattooist?

Poesy

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I’ve heard rumors from fairly reputable people that neosporin actually pulls ink out of your skin…
Not the best healing method.

I’d switch to Curel original unscented lotion.
Or Eucarin unscented.
I personally prefer Curel.
While other people have their own healing regimens…Curel seems to be perfect for me.

I do know that neosporin isn’t a good idea, though.

Also:
Flakes of skin coming off is normal.
There may even be ink-stained flakes.
Again, normal.
Hopefully you’re confusing the red ink with blood, as I’ve never personally bled from a tattoo later the first hour or so after getting inked.

Make sure you aren’t scrubbing your ink when you wash it.
Simply dab or lightly wipe with your fingers and lightly pat (not rub) it dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
I personally use a cetaphil bar soap that is meant to be used on especially sensitive skin.
But I’ve heard that oatmeal based soaps or an unscented dish-soap are fine as well.

I don’t see any problem with the picture, either…
Looks like you’re healing fine.
But you may want to spread a thinner layer of (LOTION not neosporin) ointment.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

you could also have a severe hypertensive reaction to the monkey fur that they use to make red ink and got a bad case of bulimia from your artist. Eat lots of spinach and use saline solution in your eyes and you’ll be fine.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

is the search function broken?? i seem to remember at least a dozen threads that explained what NORMAL HEALING AND PEELING looks like and what an INFECTION will look like.

this isnt infected. as gsouder stated, it could possibly be just a horrible allergic reaction, either to the monkey fur as he stated, or to the minute quantities of Cola acuminata that can accumulate on the needles while the artist works. both of these will indefinitely be followed by severe bowel movements and death. contact 911 immediately or your poison control center if either of these symptoms present themselves in the next week. whatever you do, dont drink milk…. it may speed up the process, causing the doctors to be unable to help. urine will slow it down. keep us updated on your condition!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.