Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Do you…..

1) Use lotion on your tat and a separate sunblock and do you put them on at the same time (like smother one on and then put the other right on top of it) or leave some time in between when you lotion and sunblock.

2)Use a combination of lotion and sunblock in the same thing (which tends to be expensive)

3)Use only sunblock after a certain period of time and forget about the lotion (if this is your method how long do you lotion a tattoo before you stop?)

4) Say “screw it, my tat is my tat and I don’t really care what it will look like in five years.

If you are using options 1-3 can you suggest some products that you use and like? I’be been thinking about getting some of the combination stuff but it’s 27 bucks for a 1.7 ounce bottle:

http://www.amazon.com/Cetaphil-Defense-Facial-Moisturizer-1-7-Ounce/dp/B001GIOW3G

For the record I am looking to have my tat look great for as long as possible and I want spf 50 or above on it every day. Thanks for any help you can give!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

What lotion?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

What do you mean “what lotion”?

I’m talking about 2 different types of lotion (moisturizing+sun block) vrs. 1 lotion (Moisturizing with sun block included like the link I put up).

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Woah….that’s RIDICULOUSLY expensive! Oh wait…that price is for two bottles. Still…that’s like £10 (roughly) for a tiny bottle? I haven’t even healed enough to use suncream yet but I think that seems a bit steep. Your ink is pretty big isn’t it? Won’t go very far

I think it would cheaper to get them separate. My intention is to use factor 50 as well, but I’ll use it after my tattoo goo lotion has been absorbed. It only takes a few minutes. I’m sure tattoo goo is really hyped up and all, but ive been using it on a stubborn scar as well as my tattoo and it’s making a real difference. Then again it makes economic sense for ME, because my tattoo is tiny. I need less than a finger tips worth of lotion, so buying them separately doesnt really make a difference. If you were using a lot more maybe it would made sense to buy the two together.

Ok…looking back that didnt really reach a conclusion. I’m using lotion than sun cream, with time to absorb in between. If i put both together I’d worry about some bits not being protected/moisturised.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I just use L’Oreal Factor 50 sunblock for outdoors, once I’m home again and showered I blather loads of moisturiser on, or if I’ve still caught the sun, plenty of after sun lotion. At the moment I’m using Avon after sun butter, it’s lovely and leaves your skin feeling beautifully soft. I have to take care out in the sun, tattoos aside as I’m a redhead and fair skinned so burn really easily. The only tan I’ve ever had is out of a bottle!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Gsouder;69130 wrote:
What do you mean “what lotion”?

Well, I just don’t see the connection between sunbathing and moisturizing (or in fact, moisturizing and tattoos in general, but that’s besides the point), hence I wondered what lotion you were talking about.

So my answer fits none of your numbers. I just put on sunblock.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
vizzielover;69151 wrote:
I just use L’Oreal Factor 50 sunblock for outdoors, once I’m home again and showered I blather loads of moisturiser on, or if I’ve still caught the sun, plenty of after sun lotion. At the moment I’m using Avon after sun butter, it’s lovely and leaves your skin feeling beautifully soft. I have to take care out in the sun, tattoos aside as I’m a redhead and fair skinned so burn really easily. The only tan I’ve ever had is out of a bottle!

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for. To Amivadars point, As a tattoo artist, do you see a need for moisturization through the life of a tattoo? Some people only put moisturizing lotion on for the first few months and then quit and only use sunblock from then out…. What are your thoughts on this?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.