thenewguy
Participant
@thenewguy

Im still saving for my back piece and i do know the basics of washing and keeping a thin layer of A&D on it but i dont know is what to do when im back in school and at work. Can i not use the backrests on the chairs and then do i have to leave class/work every little while to wash and clean it. When i sleep should i try to stay of my back, I have no idea how to do that but yea.

And since its a back piece its gonna take a couple sessions all spread out over time does that mean that Im going to have to “baby” it for the time inbetween the sessions and then after the final session?

idk i just feel like my head is going to explode thinking of all this

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have just right now finished my final session on my backpiece it has been 11 sessions in total.

In answer to your questions;

1. Wash the tattoo twice a day but no scrubbing and get somebody to gently pat it dry with a fresh towel every time. Yes it is a lot of towels but that is an open wound.

2. For the first 3-5 days add a small layer of antibacterial cream just enough to cover the surface. Do this twice a day.

3. After it has sealed used a non-scented moisturiser or tattoo product such as black cat tattoo goo etc whatever suits you best.

4. Yes you can use backrests but do not rub or pick or scratch with them. It will likely feel very sore for the first week so you maybe on edge of seat.

5. Sleeping on back is optional some find it too hard/painful so opt for side. Expect some ink leakage onto sheets so wear a clean but cheap cotton t-shirts will soak up the blood to bed first couple of nights. Do not pull at the shirt or pull hard on top to get it off.

6. You need to look after your ink so no sun swimming or steam rooms/saunas for 2 weeks. It cost a hell of a lot of money so keep it clean and nice.

Each session is like getting a new tattoo so repeat the steps.

If you need any further advice let us know.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.