AlanK4110
Participant
@alank4110

I got this tattoo a week ago, and it is starting to scab pretty badly. I’m not picking or scratching it or anything, and haven’t soaked it. It’s on my shoulder and I have used Palmers Coco butter as reccomended by my Artist. I’m just worried that the tattoo will start to peel off along with the scabs. The first piece I had done was in all black ink and did not scab at all, which is why I’m worried.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/alandaman/utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTQuanBn.jpg

Thanks in advance, Alan

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

that photo is really fuzzy but it looks alright. My tattoo scabs up really bad then it heals perfectly so it sounds normal to me but your last tat didnt scab and this one is? O.o scabbing is normal though as long as you don’t pick at it it should heal fine and not take the tattoo with it.

AlanK4110
Participant
@alank4110
wickedjr89;66485 wrote:
that photo is really fuzzy but it looks alright. My tattoo scabs up really bad then it heals perfectly so it sounds normal to me but your last tat didnt scab and this one is? O.o scabbing is normal though as long as you don’t pick at it it should heal fine and not take the tattoo with it.

Yeah, this one had alot of shading though, and the last one didn’t.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

that could explain the scabbing then of this one as compared to the last one.

AlanK4110
Participant
@alank4110
wickedjr89;66492 wrote:
that could explain the scabbing then of this one as compared to the last one.

Thats what i’m thinking. Thanks for your insight. The color of the flaky skin is the color of the ink, but my artist told me that it is normal.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is normal the main thing is to let it peel naturally and don’t be tempted to pick at it.
A lot of tattoos may need a small touch-up if they have had a lot of shading or detail put into them.

The main thing (also the hardest) is just being patient and waiting for it to heal.

Take Care
Matthew

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
AlanK4110;66484 wrote:
I got this tattoo a week ago, and it is starting to scab pretty badly. I’m not picking or scratching it or anything, and haven’t soaked it. It’s on my shoulder and I have used Palmers Coco butter as reccomended by my Artist. I’m just worried that the tattoo will start to peel off along with the scabs. The first piece I had done was in all black ink and did not scab at all, which is why I’m worried.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/alandaman/utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTQuanBn.jpg

Thanks in advance, Alan

Although the picture is considerably blurry, the tattoo looks okay to me. Make sure that you aren’t overloading the tattoo with ointment; it should only barely shine. I have tattoos on my feet and they definitely scabbed. You’ve just got to be patient and promise yourself you won’t pick the scab. If you pick it, you risk pulling out ink and then you’ll absolutely need a touch up.

When my left foot wasn’t completely healed after a month and a half, my tattoo artist recommended putting a small amount of vitamin e ointment + neosporin + a bandaid on the scabbed area. I wouldn’t recommend for you to do that now, but if it isn’t smooth after a month and a half, it might be a good idea. Just remember, the important thing is to use ointment or lotion until the snake skin (when you wet the tattoo, it is sharper looking than when it is dry) completely shed off. Neosporin will take out the ink if you use it too early. Using a bandaid will suffocate the tattoo if you use it too early.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.