Ms.Jo.
@

Ok, so about a month back, I got a small symbol behind my ear. I took care of it according to what he said.

I got it done around 5pm…

– Washed it with soap and water the next morning and two more times that day.
– For three days (this is including the next day) I washed it 2-3 times per day with Dial soap and warm water.
**My washing consists of getting it wet, pushing some soap around it and rinsing. Just enought to wash away the dirt/germs, not scrubbing.
– When in the shower, I tried to keep it out of the direct hit of the water, but I do have long hair, so this was a bit tricky.
– Made sure to wash off all shampoo/conditioners.
– Pulled and tied hair away from my tattoo, until it was dried.
– After three days, I began putting Cetaphil lotion on it, for the first day I put it on, probably three times, then about 1-2 times per day.

I never picked the scab, however, when I would wake up the next morning (I shower at night), the scabs began to brush off about a week after getting it done. Lliterally, I would touch it and they’d fall, so either my fingers would touch them and they’d fall, or my hair would pull it– gross.

Now, four weeks later, it’s fading. I called the place where I got it done and they said they would gladly touch it up for me, free of charge.

I guess I’m looking for how to care for it, so that it won’t fade? How long should I go without washing my hair? (As nasty as that sounds… I think it would be very helpful to keep it out of the water).

Should I use soap/water to wash it? Put lotion on? How do I keep my hair from snagging the scabs? Suggestions?

TIA! 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

How much is it fading? the reason I’m asking is because they fade a bit naturally during the healing process. Think about it: you have ink sitting right there at the surface, wet, fresh and beautiful. It heals, and a few layers of skin grow over it…. You can see why it would settle in a bit, yes?

do you still have scabs at four weeks? that’s a little weird to be honest.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

Like it was mentioned, this could just be a normal level of fading, was the colour vivid once all the scabbing came of?

Your routine looks good to me. Maybe another touch up is just needed on that area of skin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.