Magnimoth
Participant
@magnimoth

I recently got my second tattoo, and one of the lines in the outline of it on the bottom-outside of my arm seems to have completely faded out. I included a picture…it was pretty recent, so you can see the red line on the skin where the line WAS. When I was washing it one day, the way I’ve always washed this and my other tattoo, I noticed some ink in the sink (which isn’t that weird, since some excess ink comes off), but this line seems to have just…fallen off. Is this normal, or is it something I did wrong? I’m sure my artist will touch it up, so that’s not the problem. I just want to know if it was something I did, or if it was just one of those little mistakes that can always get made, i.e., the ink not fully setting on one little part.

Picture0009.jpg

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Is this a home made tattoo? =S

Magnimoth
Participant
@magnimoth

No, the picture quality just makes it look terrible. It’s actually not a bad looking tattoo, just a bad camera. lol.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

I know what you mean lol
those cameras make the lines all weird
anyway i guess the ink just sorta… ern had a leak? xD
just come back to your tattooist in a few weeks or a month for a repair
you should wait about a month for the tat to heal first

PS: the pic in your album looks a LOT better.
Actually thats a really sweet piece 😀

Magnimoth
Participant
@magnimoth

That’s what I was thinking. I’m just really paranoid about messing it up. I’m still new to tattoos, really, so I’m just scared of any little thing that will mess it up. I even get paranoid about laying on it the wrong way in bed, etc. I can’t tell if I’m just too paranoid or if my concerns are valid.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

No I wouldn’t worry sometimes the artist simply does not go deep enough and the ink can drop out.
Other causes are rubbing or picking the scab.

A quick buzz over it with a liner will put that line back in no worries.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.