Zigosity
Participant
@zigosity

Hey,

I got my first tattoo ~12 days ago, at a reputable shop in my city that I’ve heard lots of good things about. Everything seemed fine initially, and I’ve followed the artist’s aftercare instructions down to the letter, but I’m having some issues with how it’s looking at this stage in the healing. I’ve been planning to go back and ask them some questions about it, but I won’t have time until this weekend – figured you guys might be able to help a bit until then.

Most of the scabbing I had has fallen off now (there are a few little patches here and there, but they’re slowly disappearing), and I’ve got some nice, wrinkly new skin underneath there, but I’m concerned that the tattoo is looking very blotchy. Not just in one place, but everywhere – it’s as if the colour was put in unevenly. Imagine taking paint, and applying it to paper with a sponge – that’s kinda what it looks like. It’s a solid black tribal design (and pretty big too, takes up most of my calf), if that is important at all.

If it was in just a couple of areas I wouldn’t worry about it and just go get it touched up later, but I’m sort of worried since it’s all over the tattoo. Is this what it’s going to end up looking like after it’s completely healed? Am I going to have to get the WHOLE thing touched up? Touch-ups are free at this studio, but I find it kind of weird that a professionally done tattoo would need to be completely redone like that. I thought the tattoo would heal to look pretty much like what it did when I first had it put on, just slightly faded – this doesn’t. It doesn’t look bad at all from a few feet away either… only when I get up close.

I’ll put up some pictures when I get home tonight, if that helps. Anything you guys can tell me would help!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the black in my wings healed a bit like that , it had to be touched up but was fine the second time.
just keep looking after it and go see the tattooist that did it after all the silver skins gone

Zigosity
Participant
@zigosity

So, here’s an (absolutely terrible) picture of what I mean. I have a pretty bad camera, but you can get the general idea.

PICT0282.jpg

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Completely normal. I’ve got tribal work that healed like that. It can be tough for an artist to get massive amounts of black in one session. Just go back to the guy and get him to go over it again. But make sure it has competely healed first. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.