js017
Participant
@js017

Hi, I have a question. How often am I supposed to wash my new tattoo during these first two weeks of healing? Also what’s the best way to prevent fading or improper healing?

thanks

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

washing it with mild soap is fine and when mine was healing and itching i would give it a little wash to stop the feeling of needing to scratch at my arm :rolleyes:
as long as you do not soak in the bath and go swimming or in the sea a little water wont fade your tattoo.

strick9
Participant
@strick9

As kisses said,wash with mild soap,I use an atbacterial soap,as for fading if you get a lot of sun on it use sunscreen:cool:

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Dial works well.

js017
Participant
@js017

Ok cool thanks for the advice. Just one more question, I have tattoo goo, how often and how soon should Istart applying it?

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d
js017;57760 wrote:
Ok cool thanks for the advice. Just one more question, I have tattoo goo, how often and how soon should Istart applying it?

Every tattoo artist will offer different aftercare instructions. There is no set answer.
I would recommend not using tattoo goo until your new ink has set and healing is well in progress. Tattoo goo will soften any scabbing that occurs, which will prolong your heal time. Using anything before you lose the top layer of skin will pull ink to the surface.
Wash it with antibacterial, pat it dry, and let it air dry. You only want to apply any lotion if the skin feels tight. Use all lotions, salves, ointments (etc.) sparingly!
If the tattoo looks wet, you used too F**King much!

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

I really like aquaphor which I use for the first two days, then I switch to curel frangrance free lotion. I also use dial soap frangrance free as well and wash it 2-3 times a day atleast for the first few days to prevent infections.

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Vasiline for the first day or two….then I switch to an uncented lotion. Everyone skin is different, so as long as you arent picking off scabs, and putting to much lube on that its soaking in causing the scabs to fester up…..and not putting on anything harsh, you will be good. I wash mine a couple of times a day. Just taking dial antibacterial and applying to my hand, and gently washing it down, and dont get a towel and rub it dry, PAT IT DRY!

Good Luck

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
LotusCordova;57834 wrote:
Vasiline for the first day or two….then I switch to an uncented lotion. Everyone skin is different, so as long as you arent picking off scabs, and putting to much lube on that its soaking in causing the scabs to fester up…..and not putting on anything harsh, you will be good. I wash mine a couple of times a day. Just taking dial antibacterial and applying to my hand, and gently washing it down, and dont get a towel and rub it dry, PAT IT DRY!

Good Luck

I’m confused :confused: I’ve really never heard anyone recommend using vaseline, atleast not a tattoo artist. I guess everyones skin is different, but I would never use it. I’ve been told it blocks the pores completely from breathing. Not sure.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

I have only ever heard of Vasiline being used right after the tattoo is done in the shop :confused:
im quite sure Outlaw tells people never to use it because of colour loss ??

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Butterfly_Kisses;57906 wrote:
I have only ever heard of Vasiline being used right after the tattoo is done in the shop :confused:
im quite sure Outlaw tells people never to use it because of colour loss ??

That could be, I know my artist puts something on it right before he wraps it up. I could ask him next thursday as I’ll be in the chair again!

carpboy
Participant
@carpboy

yea i would never use vaseline totally smothers the skin!

just use bepanthen if its good for babies its gonna be ok for tattoos!lots off peeps use it!

* Bepanthen is an ointment containing pro-vitamin B5. Pro-Vitamin B5 gently aids natural skin recovery, while keeping it soft smooth and moisturised.

Bepanthen forms a long lasting, breathable transparent layer, protecting even the most delicate skin from the causes nappy rash.
* Bepanthen does not contain perfumes, antiseptics or preservatives and is clinically proven to protect from the causes of nappy rash.

click link for more info,only 1.99 in the uk too

http://www.bepanthen.co.uk/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.