sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

Hey guys,
quick question, I got a tattoo done up about a week ago. I’ve been using bepathen thrice a day since then. The tattoo currently is in the peeling stage. A friend told me Its better to switch to a lotion after the first week than to keep applying the ointment. If so , could somebody please recommend an unscented lotion available in the uk for aftercare? I have Boots right next to my place. They didnt have H2ocean or aquaphor.

thanks in advance

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I think Black Cat aftercare is in the UK, I think you have to order it online though.
I found some Nivea fragrance and alcohol free moisturiser for sensitive skin, maybe you have that around somewhere?

Giovanni Rosso
Participant
@giovanni-rosso
sir_lagalot;57678 wrote:
could somebody please recommend an unscented lotion available in the uk for aftercare? I have Boots right next to my place. They didnt have H2ocean or aquaphor.

I’ve been using E45 lotion on my arm and can’t recommend it enough. Cheap too and easy to find in any supermarket…

e45lotion200ml.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i normally just stick with savolon

Giovanni Rosso
Participant
@giovanni-rosso
Butterfly_Kisses;57726 wrote:
i normally just stick with savolon

When I recommended E45 lotion it was as a daily application for the life of the tattoo after it has healed, to keep the skin nice and healthy.

Do you apply Savlon all the time or just until the tattoo has healed?

vala
Participant
@vala

i use bepanthen for a few days then when its starting to peel move over to a non fragrent moisturising lotion. does the trick well.
one thing with the bepanthen is it can be a bit thick however you can make it less by warming up the cream first (put the tube in the airing cupboard or by a radiator). makes it loads easier to apply

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i used savolon while it was peeling and healing because i find bepanthen to be too greasy and i was getting little spots in my ink and i fount that the savolon felt nice and cool which stopped me from wanting to itch my arm off :rolleyes:
once i stopped peeling and the top layer of skin had healed i just used a mild dove cream.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.