drewj12
@

Hey,
I recently got a tattoo done and am going down to Florida for a vacation. While down there, I might get the chance to do some scuba diving. My dive date is exactly 2 weeks after the time I got the tattoo done. It is healing really well but I’m concerned that I won’t be leaving enough time (I will be diving in salt water as well). Should I wait it out? I probably won’t get to do diving for a while and I’ve never done it before but if there is a danger to my tattoo I just won’t do it.

Thanks,
Drew

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My artist advises no swimming for 2 weeks. I guess it all comes down to how much you think it’s healed. If it’s still scabbing/ has scabs on it, I wouldn’t go swimming. If it’s finished that stage, and all you have left is silverskin, I guess it couldn’t really hurt the tattoo.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Scuba is a bad idea unless you are fully healed. Salt water will pull ink out of the skin big time! Salt was used as a meat preservative because it pulls moisture out of the tissue. Think about what it will do to your tender, recently set tattoo ink! Neoprene rubbing the skin will irritate the healing tattoo as well. I would not be suprised if you get a fair amount of fading and ink loss. The healed tattoo could look like you have had it for years! Unless you dont mind getting your tattooist to bump the color when you get done healing, you might want to stay dry for a while!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I fully agree with Chief there is nothing worse than saltwater on unhealed ink.

If you are completely scab free then possibly but it takes upto 6 weeks for a tattoo to fully heal beneath the surface so rubbing against a wetsuit is not a good idea.

If you really must I would suggest a strong barrier cream before putting on the skinsuit.

Take Care
Matthew

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

dont go swimming !!
give it at least 4 weeks, but its better to wait 6 like sherav said

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.