megadeth025
Participant
@megadeth025

i got a tattoo on my foot about three days ago and it looks like some of the lines are blurring. I got a skull and crossbones outlined on my foot and the ink seems to be seeping into the bones and skull…is this normal?
will it start to look better after it starts peeling? or am i SOL???

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
megadeth025;53788 wrote:
i got a tattoo on my foot about three days ago and it looks like some of the lines are blurring. I got a skull and crossbones outlined on my foot and the ink seems to be seeping into the bones and skull…is this normal?
will it start to look better after it starts peeling? or am i SOL???

Can you post a picture?

I’ve got three tattoos on my feet, and I have had a blurry experience with one of them.

Does the blurring resemble anything like this?
Tattoo_Blow-out-1.jpg
If so, then you have a tattoo blow out. This happens when the artist is too heavy handed, so the ink penetrates a layer deeper in the skin than its supposed to. Blow out is common in foot tattoos because the skin on your feet is dramatically different, depending on where the tattoo is located (my blow out is on the side of my left foot, near the ankle area). Most blow outs are fixable; mine was. If you still trust your artist, make sure to contact them and see if they will fix it for you for free after about two months. If you no longer trust your artist, look up reputable tattoo shops in your area and have a more skilled artist tweak your tattoo.

If your tattoo doesn’t look like a blow out, then it might just be the normal healing process. For example, when you wash the tattoo, does it suddenly become more sharp? If so, you currently have “snake skin.” That skin will flake off and the tattoo should be okay.

I will say that if the tattoo is on the side area of your foot, it will not wear as well as one that is on the top of your foot. I have script on the very side of my right foot, almost as far down as I could put it, and it is much less sharp than the peacock feather above it. This is because the skin where the peacock feather is is better skin for tattooing than the skin where the script is.

Hope all of this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.