thesickness
Participant
@thesickness

now i just got my tattoo 2nd tattoo just over 2 weeks ago, and after a week of cleaning it, i stopped you the ointment, but then i started noticing that it would scab.. and it would scab after i cleaned it when i would go to sleep… now i started putting the ointment back on and it would not scab… could the tattoo have been infected? and did i do the right thing by putting the ointment on…

and how can i tell if my tattoo might be swollen? i ask because i look and feel my sides, and unless my mind is playing tricks on me, it seems one side is bigger than the other…

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its not sounding infected . all tattoo’s scab a little !
it should be just like a thin scab over your tattoo , if its a big scab like you have fell ever it been done either too deep or roughly .
normally i use creams until the scab starts lifting .

if its more than a thin scab take a photo and we will have a good look at it for you

thesickness
Participant
@thesickness

the ointment has stopped it from doing that…

just got more worried, how it would show up, but i would clean the tattoo and it would be gone, but i would wake up the next morning and it would be there again

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Some people heal differently than others.
I had one, did the same as yours, that took over a month to heal b/c it was done to deep (not by my artist now) Most of mine heal within 2 1/2 weeks

I wouldn’t worry so much about it. Just keep it clean and moist.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

What kind of ointment are you using? Most people recommend using an ointment for 2-3 days then switch to a frangrance free lotion, lubridurm and curel are a couple examples. Some scabbing is normal, but its also possible to OVER due it as well with creams/lotions.

Like others said everyone heals different, it almost takes me 3wks to fully heal. I have one very small scab yet, and tomorrow will be three weeks.

thesickness
Participant
@thesickness

i’ve been using aquaphor

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
thesickness;60417 wrote:
i’ve been using aquaphor

Thats what I use, but only for the first two days, then I use curel fragrance free lotion. I believe it can also depend on how the artist works the skin/tattooing. I get very little scabbing, but alot of peeling.

Dina
@

the ointment is the problem….i had that problem before and it sucked!

now i tried tattoo genie and my tatt didn’t scab or get dried out

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I checked the contents of Tattoo Genie and yep there is nothing in the product that will harm a tattoo and plenty of the non-essential amino acids they refer to are used in a lot of everyday skincare products and as long as applied with a carrier solution will not harm the skin and can encourage healing.

No problem with that it all looks good.

I would be happy to test the product and sure it would help my tattoo same way black cat, tattoo goo and other tattoo/skin creams I have used.

As for the example of healed within 3-4 days that is dependant on the individual.

The other bit as well is that the scientific study is related to study group of 3 people all of whom have had laser surgery not tattooing. They state that laser surgery is a worse wound than tattooing which is a relative statement as a tattoo is actually a completely different type of skin trauma (open wound) than that of laser damage which is technically a burn (closed wound).

It is no secret that increased oxygen stimulation can assist some skin wounds as it forces the body to carry more blood to the surface which contains the white blood cells and proteins that deal with skin repair.

Does this mean that everybody will see vast improvements by oxygen therapy – the answer is no it depends on the person and their wound.

But as always it carries the disclaimer These statements have not been evaluated by the ‘Food and Drug Administration.’

Take Care
Matthew

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Dina;60470 wrote:
the ointment is the problem….i had that problem before and it sucked!

now i tried tattoo genie and my tatt didn’t scab or get dried out

It must be your skin, I know plenty of people that use it with zero problems. My arm barely scabs at all, if any there is very small spots.

thesickness
Participant
@thesickness

does the tattoo look swollen?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

not really to me , hard to tell for sure because they is no area with a fresh tattoo on it to see :rolleyes:
looks a decent size so it’s possible it could swell a little anyways ..

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

nfi if its swollen – but that look AWESOME!!! love the jhonen vasquez-eqsue figure standing next to it…
you got more pics?!?

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.