annabee
Participant
@annabee

I got my first tattoo 4 days ago. It is a fairly large rib piece and it’s itching like crazy. I have used aloe on other scabs, burns, etc. when they begin to heal and itch and I’m wondering if I can safely use it on my tattoo as well? Also, I don’t mean aloe lotion or gel, but rather aloe right from the plant. Thanks.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Sure.

I personally used AQUAPHOR by Eucerin. Works magic, and I live by it! Kinda expensive, like $5-something for a small tube.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have found that washing it when it itches helps

Vakyrja
Participant
@vakyrja

I thought you weren’t supposed to have too much water touch the tattoo until it has healed, to prevent colour loss? At least, that’s what my tattoo guy told me. I had a rough time trying to keep the shower water away from my tattoo for a week or so :/

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

washing its fine , soaking for long periods in the bath will screw your tattoo .
maybe if you have been scared of washing it you might have too much build up of products on you which will cause itching ??

Vakyrja
Participant
@vakyrja

Mine didn’t really itch a lot actually. I did wash it, but not under the shower. Everytime before I put on a new layer of ointment, I would rinse it carefully with a not-too-wet washcloth.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I avoided getting my forearm wet for like a fortnight haha. It didn’t itch at all this time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.