Graeme (eatingmoss)
@

So I just got my first ink about half a week ago. I was just wondering, just cause it’s getting dry and kinda flaky, is it normal for this to happen so quickly? I was also told it would probably itch, but it doesn’t seem to be itching at all. It just seems dry so it’s getting some little scraps of dead skin (nothing like big peeling sunburn type flakes, but small little pieces in between and fine lines. But in the more heavily inked parts, I think I got some scabs. I haven’t done much. I accidentally picked off a little like mm of scab, it hardly did any damage and it was on the outer side of the tattoo.

Soooo my biggest question. Should I just leave it and keep moisturizing it? Will it just work it’s self out in a while? Does it really require me to do much other than moisturize, shower properly, and keep it out of the sun?

vala
Participant
@vala

yep the skin will scab. keep applying the moisturiser and allow them to fall off naturally:)
if you do start to experience itching (i do but generally after the first few days), instead of scratching, give the area a slap. normally does the trick.

Pjuma
Participant
@pjuma

yup slapping does the trick! and yes keep out of the sun. and but thats my own experience, dont shower to long i ones took a shower for 1 hour with a week old tattoo got dressed then damaged my tattoo badly!
good luck with your new tat, hope it will not itch, i think its the worst part!

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Do you have a coloured tattoo or one with only black ink? Apparently a coloured tattoo scabs more heavily. My back tattoo scabbed quite early and a good lot and the scabs kinda ended up stuck to other parts of the tattoo and THAT itched quite a bit, but I didn’t hit that stage until week 2.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.