CPK
Participant
@cpk

My two questions are is the tattoo suppose to start to flake 4th day in? and my other question is, is the luberderm in this pic the correct kind of moisture lotion to use on a tattoo? (its fragrance free). Thanks for the responses. and this tattoo was done at a shop not randomly of the streets.here are some pics…

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg
I used the A&D the first 2 or 3 days and then just yesterday started using the luberderm.
DSCN0853.jpg

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Flaking’s completely normal, just don’t pick it off, let it do it’s thing naturally.
I can’t help with the Lubriderm stuff though, sorry.

CPK
Participant
@cpk
Joker1;52601 wrote:
Flaking’s completely normal, just don’t pick it off, let it do it’s thing naturally.
I can’t help with the Lubriderm stuff though, sorry.

I do let it flake naturally, im concerned though about the lubriderm lotion, the skin of the tattoo seems to look in a way crackly and there are some light grey spots which seem to be the skin where its flaking and dieing off seem to have a bit of redness/ and above the tattoo tiny tiny pimple looking spots above (almost looks like it might be razor burn possibly idk though) is it normal on the 4th day to itch like a mother-Fer and to flake? it seems as if maybe the moisture lotion dries it out too much?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Itching’s normal too, a light slap seems to be the way to settle it down. Small dots that turn into pimples are ok too, I think it’s a combination of hair growing back, mixed with the oil and stuff in lotions.
I use Black Cat tattoo aftercare, or Bepanthen if I can’t get my hands on it. The skin won’t look quite right while it’s healing, and once the scabs flake off, you’ll have this shiny, tight feeling skin, nicknamed ‘sliver skin’. That’ll soon change and your skin will be back to normal, with a killer tattoo in it.

CPK
Participant
@cpk
Joker1;52605 wrote:
Itching’s normal too, a light slap seems to be the way to settle it down. Small dots that turn into pimples are ok too, I think it’s a combination of hair growing back, mixed with the oil and stuff in lotions.
I use Black Cat tattoo aftercare, or Bepanthen if I can’t get my hands on it. The skin won’t look quite right while it’s healing, and once the scabs flake off, you’ll have this shiny, tight feeling skin, nicknamed ‘sliver skin’. That’ll soon change and your skin will be back to normal, with a killer tattoo in it.

Thanks Joker, your advice has helped alot, i designed that tattoo btw, if you would like to see more of my work let me know, willing to share it. thanks again CPK.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

No problems, I’d love to see some more work of yours.

axis68
Participant
@axis68

I just had my first piece done last week and that started flaking very mildly on day three. On day four it was really flakey…. soft white flakes and loads of them. Even after moisturising the tattoo still has a dry feel but it is healing well. I’m using the orange water based tattoo goo four times a day which soaks right in. Joker1 is right in what he says about the itching, mine is whole upper arm and it is very itchy.

jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos

That luberderm is the exact same stuff I have used on all my tattoo’s and it worked great, also thats the kind that my artist told me to use, so your in the clear there.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Flaking is normal. The pic you have is my exact aftercare combo. Always worked well for me

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I had some work done last Saturday and it’s itching like mad right now even though I have been meticulous about keeping it clean and moisturised.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

normal normal normal :rolleyes:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.