Joker1
Participant
@joker1

So my tattoo I got a week ago has scabbed up thick and it’s started peeling (still a few large scabs left).
Last night while asleep, I scratched my arm with my thumb-nail and accidently pulled a few large scabs off (woke up straight away).
It doesn’t look like it pulled any ink out, but it’s re-scabbing in a few small spots.
Is this going to effect the end result of the tattoo?
What happens to a tattoo when you pick at it?
Kinda disappointed, because I’m usually so careful in my aftercare. Will a touch up fix any problems that might occur?

LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon

As far as I know (im no expert!) a touch up should be able to repair any accidental damage thats occurred to a tattoo while its healing, and im pretty sure most artists will offer a free touch up for any tattoo that they do!

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

Pulling the scabs off will usually cause damage to the tattoos, wether by removing part of the tattoo itself, or creating a silver scar as I call it over the effected area. Silver scar is just a spot that will be dull in nature and often has a light grey film look over the tattoo. Anyways $hit happens and yes a touchup should be fine if its really needed. I have done the same thing when I am asleep or changing clothes, snagging the tatts.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

all it should need is a little touch up , my last tattoo healed badly because of the placement and lots of movement but now its healed you cant tell that it gave me hell for 3 weeks :rolleyes:

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
PsychoticInk;52294 wrote:
creating a silver scar as I call it over the effected area. Silver scar is just a spot that will be dull in nature and often has a light grey film look over the tattoo.

Can you still tattoo over that to fix it? And will it eventually go away?

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

Yea it can be lightly gone over a second time. It needs to be a light brushing though and not hammered in.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Thanks heaps, i’ll post some pictures up once it’s all healed.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I had the same problem with the inside of my elbow, a large scab formed and it become really itchy. I woke up to find a tiny hole where the scab was. I don’t think it pulled any ink away from the tattoo but it’s slightly noticable and starting to scab up again.
I’ve got another session dated, hopefully my tattooist won’t mind lol.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.