LilMsKiKi
Participant
@lilmskiki

I just got my fifth tattoo last Friday, and got conflicting info from the artist. He told me to purchase a&d ointment and apply a thin layer 4-5 times a day. 5 people have tattooed me, and it seems like all 5 have given me different aftercare info. For the first one, I used the stuff they gave me at the studio. The second and third I used fragrance free lotion. The 4th, I was told to just keep it clean and leave it alone. And for the most recent, I’m kind of confused. So far I’ve just been keeping it clean with hot, soapy water, and applying Aveeno right after. It seems to be working, but I have noticed some drying. I specifically remember the guy who did my 4th tattoo saying to stay away from a&d, as it has been known to cause infection, and possibly pull ink out of new tattoos. Any advice?

thefuzz
@

i got 1 done 3 weeks ago and they TOLD me to use A&D wich i did and it healed nicely.. got 1 done by another shop yesterday and they told me to use aquaform from the farmacy NOT A&D so who knows what to use !!! i’m using the A&D i bought for the 1st 1, what does anyone else think ???:confused:

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Every tattoo heals different. Every artist has an aftercare they recommend.
After 5 tatts and 5 different approaches to aftercare, you should know what works best for you.
I recommend using A&D for the first 24 hours to protect the wound. After that, wash your new tattoo 4-5 times a day with anti-bacterial soap. Keep it clean and dry. Always wash hands before touching your tatt, and never let your friends touch it with dirty hands! Apply lotion (scent free, no lanolin!) lightly when the skin around your tattoo feels dry or tight.
Just keep it clean!
:p

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I’ve been told to use all of the above lotions and creams. The latest one I was told just to keep it moist with any unscented lotion. I am using Lubriderm and it seems to be working nicely, although I have never had my tats peel so many times. I think I’m about on the third layer of skin. This also was the first time a 9 was used on me so that might be why.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

some place uses their own stuff, ive always been told to use savlon or prep h. Personally Ive stuck to savlon and its been great. some people on here use black cat stuff and its meant to be pretty good. x

dine
Participant
@dine
Chief D;56431 wrote:
After 5 tatts and 5 different approaches to aftercare, you should know what works best for you.

That about sums it up. And, if all the rest of them were ok, and you did something different with them all, you’re doing ok.

I love aveeno.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.