rockerannah
Participant
@rockerannah

Hi, I’m new here and this is my second tattoo but that being said, it’s been over three years since my first one and it was a good bit smaller.

I got my tattoo on Thursday, October 8th. I’ve been following the aftercare regimen the tattoo artist told me. I know many people who have had tattoos done at this shop and my father was with me when I got my work done and it was completely clean and a good shop.

I’ve noticed that it’s started peeling, which is normal, but a couple of places seemed to be a bit more scabbed/rised up higher where he went over it more. I have not been rubbing/picking the peeling but I noticed today that a place that had been raised up higher was gone where the skin had flaked off or whatever.

Well that little place is more of a fleshy color than black like the tattoo. It doesn’t seem to be oozing or anything but I don’t remember this happening before. Is the ink from that small place gone now? or is this normal?

Also I noted there is no swelling in the area of my tattoo, no pain, but there is still a slight redness around some areas.

Here is a photo:
2m3haa9.jpg dls295.jpg
rgxrb6.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

happens sometimes, i have it a little in some pink ink i have had done .
more than likely your artist has over worked or gone a little to deep !
after your tattoo is totally healed up it will be fine to get it touched up

rockerannah
Participant
@rockerannah

So I shouldn’t have to worry about it? It had me in tears cause I thought it was going to be effed up. So far its the only little place. But it will be okay?

Thanks for replying.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

normally ( from experience ) it will heal fine but will take longer and will more than likely look very patchy .
if the scab was thicker its more than likely been caught and has come off to soon .

i wouldnt cry over it , it can be easily fixed when its healed !
nice simple tattoo by the way

rockerannah
Participant
@rockerannah

I noticed when he did it he went over that place a lot cause it didn’t hurt but it stung a bit right on that one area. So far that’s the only scabbed place and definitely the only place that looks like that/has come off. Hopefully I’ll only have to get that place touched up.

Should I be doing anything special for aftercare since this little bump in the road?

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

just make sure you use wash it gently and apply an antiseptic cream such as savlon or bepanthen for about 4 or 5 days, apply a small amount and rub it in gently about 3 or 4 times a day… make sure you wash your hands before touching it though. use a none scented body lotion about 5 days or once it starts peeling
the artist has definately overworked the area, he also overworked a couple other bits as well, dont worry too much over it… it can be touched up real quick and easy after about 6 weeks…even though it might look healed on top in a couple of weeks, the deep layer can take upto 6 weeks to heal properly 😉

rockerannah
Participant
@rockerannah

I saw someone recommended those things to me elsewhere but I could not find them around here . Will Neosporin work if it is in a small amount or should I steer clear of it? Also is plain Lubriderm lotion okay? That’s what I have been using.

Also is it okay to wear long sleeved shirts? It’s on my forearm and I’ve been wear tees/tanks but it’s mid-october now and starting to get cold hah! 6 weeks is a long time.

Thanks so much for the help.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its fine to wear long sleeves , just not tight ones .

rockerannah
Participant
@rockerannah

It’s peeling pretty normally as of right now other than that spot. I did noticed one small place that looked a little bit lighter and 2 small dot-like places that look like they’ll need filled in.

Thanks so much for your help though. I’m pretty inexperienced when it comes to tattoos/healing process so this was bumming me out. Hopefully all will go well and once it’s healed I can get it touched up like you both said!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

if you have started peeling then it is ok to just use a none scented body lotion instead of antiseptic cream, dont worry about wearing long sleeves, life is almost back to normal…. you can do everything you used to do except for taking long bath’s and going swimming, but after a few more weeks then all will be normal again 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.