CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Hi all……

Had my tattoo done Tuesday, its been fine so far.

I had hoped I wouldn’t have to ask for advice on healing as I’ve never had any concerns in the past despite having a large number of tattoo’s, so I do feel a bit of a fool for asking 😮

I have been giving it a gentle wash 2-3 times daily with an unscented tea tree oil soap, just gently using my hand, then I’ve been drying it with paper towels, by gently patting the area till dry, followed by a very light application of Bephanthan.

This morning I noticed little pieces of which I presume are skin, (almost like little bits of fluff) coming away as can be seen in this photo (for those unaware it is a cover up in progress)

de5mo1.jpg

Firstly is this normal? Is it peeling? I don’t remember this with my other tattoo’s which just scabbed up then fell off, I used Savlon back then at that time. there doesn’t appear to be barely any scabbing so far, so I’m just wondering what stage I should be at today Saturday? (4 full days from tattoo)

Also with regards the Bephanthan, should I continue using this? if so for how long? It takes a quite a bit of effort to rub in as its so thick. I do do it as gently as possible and have been reassured this is the best stuff to use by the artist and others I’ve spoken to?

Feedback and advice apprecited 😀

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

My sleeve has done this during the healing after both sessions I already had, and will probably start again soon as I’ve just had a third session. As far as I’m aware, it’s completely ok, just don’t peels bits of skin off yourself. I’ve noticed no fading, patchiness, etc in my tattoo.

As for bepanthen, put the tube in a glass of hot water for a minute beforehand, it’s so much easier to apply 😀

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Puzzles;48171 wrote:
    As for bepanthen, put the tube in a glass of hot water for a minute beforehand, it’s so much easier to apply 😀

Thanks for the tip!

Am i right to continue with the Bephanthen, and if so for how long? until completely healed?

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

That is completely normal. One thing that I always do , and recomend to any of my customers, is after washing to let the piece air dry for 30 – 45 minutes before adding any ointment. But your ink looks great, and most anything I have done, or seen has had this type of peeling. As puzzles has already stated, don’t peel any of it off, just keep treating it as you have, and let it run its course.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Cheers for that Injun

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looks normal to me 🙂

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

After you get done peeling, you can switch to a fragrance free lotion, and just don’t let it dry out. In my opinion. (that is how I have always done it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.