Apes
    Participant
    @apes

I am SHOCKED to hear some of my friends are told to keep their new tattoos covered and creamed for just 3 hours!

With my first I was told 7 days. When I tattooed myself (badly might I add as im a bit of pussy!!!) I din’t cover it and picked it out as it dried up to fade it as much as possible ๐Ÿ˜‰ It worked rather well!

When I tattoo I tell eveyone 7 days. covered and cleaned. I just think the longer the better.

Whats your opinion on healing times? Is it also worth me stocking tattoo aftercare?aftercare.jpg

Or stick with recomending bepanthen?

JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

hey ๐Ÿ™‚

i was told, wash it, use bepanthen, and cover with film 3/4 times a day for 3 days… after then, not to use the film and carry on washing it and using bepanthen for 5 days

personally, i think most people would rather stick with Bepanthen

Apes
    Participant
    @apes

I agree 3 days is fine… (as allot of people can’t be btohered with the whole 7 days they tend to stop then) reverse psycology ๐Ÿ˜‰

Again din’t see much difference between using the two. AfterCare is way more conviniet to carry in a bag and wont attack you eveytime you open the lid…

Mind you my clients keep getting bepanthen (hearts) me baby bibs and give them to me. ๐Ÿ™‚ (im expecting in 2 months LOL!) so thats always good.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have done a whole chapter on tattoo aftercare in my research it covers the various methods that people use.

If you want i can email it over to you (either the particular chapter or the whole ebook just PM me a throwaway address) it is free and for the tattoo community.

As it is you should keep the tattoo covered until the bleeding stops this is usually between 6-24 hours depending on the health of the person – I would normally recommend 12 hours as a min but not more than 24.

Aftercare is important and the antiseptic (if used) should be applied until the scab forms or peels this is between 5-7 days.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.