Gish
    Participant
    @gish

Is vaseline intensive rescue ok to use as lotion ?

I had my outlines done on a big piece 4 days ago .

On the bottle it says hypoallergenic and unfragranced so i’m assuming it’s safe to use in small amounts ?

vala
    Participant
    @vala

this is the lotion i use on mine once i’ve done enough with the bepanthen.

so far no drama’s from it and i’ve used it after every session.

Aranelvanya
    Participant
    @aranelvanya

I used vaseline intensive lotion on the first section of my tattoo like I was told to.
    After my second sitting I used H2Ocean.
    The difference between the way they healed was really dramatic. The H2Ocean section stayed a LOT darker than the section I used the vaseline intensive on. On my third sitting my artist went over a good portion of the first section all over again. I had to go through the ribs TWICE.
    ouuuuch!
    haha

Gish
    Participant
    @gish
    Aranelvanya;43619 wrote:
    I used vaseline intensive lotion on the first section of my tattoo like I was told to.
    After my second sitting I used H2Ocean.
    The difference between the way they healed was really dramatic. The H2Ocean section stayed a LOT darker than the section I used the vaseline intensive on. On my third sitting my artist went over a good portion of the first section all over again. I had to go through the ribs TWICE.
    ouuuuch!
    haha

Yeah , i also found this out the hard way 🙁

I’ve had a dragon done on my arm and after the first session of filling in the scales i used Vaseline Intensive .

After a couple of days i noticed that the colour started getting lighter and i stopped using it immediately .

I can really see a difference in colour between the first session and the other sessions on the dragon .

It really sucks but luckily it can be fixed .

So anyone planning on using this lotion :

DO NOT USE VASELINE INTENSIVE RESCUE !!!!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I think it has petroleum in it which is not good for healing tattoos.
    I woudl suggest soemthing petroleum free and stick with taht until healed thencan be used.

Take Care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

stay away from anything Vaseline….. it will leach out the colour
    also dont use anything with “Lanolin” in the ingredients

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

with my wings i used tattoo goo because thats what everyone was using at the time and i never lost any colour in them , now days i only use bepanthen seems to heal tattoo’s really fast .

i think if you cant get a hold of it savlon is ok to use but dont quote me on that !

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

Cocks. I’ve been using the vaseline moisturiser. Looks like I’ll be getting me something different when I get some money.

vala
    Participant
    @vala
    Puzzles;44476 wrote:
    Cocks. I’ve been using the vaseline moisturiser. Looks like I’ll be getting me something different when I get some money.

keep hold of the Vaseline. You can use it after the tattoo is healed.
    Like is said earlier after I’ve finished with bepanthen, I use this stuff on my tattoo. Spoke to my artist when I was in last Friday an asked him about it and he mentioned everyones different with healing so what works for one may not for another. He also note that my tattoo had healed as he had hoped for with no colour loss where there shouldn’t be so on me personally after the bepanthen stage this stuff is doing me well.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Butterfly_Kisses;43912 wrote:
    i think if you cant get a hold of it savlon is ok to use but dont quote me on that !

I advise Savlon or Bepanthen to all my clients, i even give them a free 40g tube of savlon and an aftercare sheet.. 😉

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

Vala – Oh, that’s ok. I used bepanthen until it starts peeling so much that bepanthen is too sticky, then switched to vaseline. Was that ok, or should it have been completely healed first?

vala
    Participant
    @vala

Puzzles – thats about the same time when i switch over. like i said, everyone is different so the only way to know is to try yourself. for me it works…for others it may not.

parabelle
    Participant
    @parabelle

what about eucerin intensive care? It doesn’t have petroleum in it or lanolin, but it does have urea and another chemical that is used for exfoliation, so I’m guessing it’s no good? Just checked the ingredient list a little too late…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Urea is scientific name for the nitrogen extract found in piss (urine) and if it exfoliates it is no good for a tattoo – who the hell wants to rub that on their skin lol.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

ewww do they use animal piss then 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.