Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

Take a look at this picture and tell me what you think. There was 3 weeks between the tattoos. Looks like it is getting bigger. Not hot but feels thick.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Reaper

We would need a better pic to see what is going on.
    Do you mean the scab is much thicker than before?

That could be because the area was a little overworked and has not had time to fully heal between each session.

If you could clarify more will try and help.

Take Care
    Matthew

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

That picture is pretty accurate. The reaper was done 3 weeks prior..when the shin was done and blended in a week ago this showed up. The scab is actually gone from both areas. The skin itself feels thicker when you run your finger over it, and it is clearly raised. I agree with you, it is just from working an area before it was completely healed. Just thought someone else may have gone through this before. thank you

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Reaper

It is a nice tattoo but difficult to tell the skin is raised as would have needed a much clsoer surface shot.

What you are experiencing is quite normal and the skin is sealing off the pigment to stop it spreading or entering your blood stream.

This is causing a type of scar tissue beneath the skin that can feal quite raised and bumpy to the finger but look fairly normal to look at.

Once the initial swelling has gone down the skin should settle and be fine this can take upto 4-6 weeks on a heavily worked area but you should notice a reduction in swelling in the next 10-14 days.

Good luck and great work!

Take Care
    Matthew

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

I apologize. The first post did not show the picture. I saved it in a private folder and didnt realize nobody could see it. Really didnt want the random picture showing up in the gallery.The light bulb turned on today and I figured out what was going on. Ok. Here is the deal. This red spot showed up after having some work put over a tattoo that was 3 weeks old. it is raised and still not showing any signs of going away. Thank you.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Looks like you maybe having an allergic reaction in the skin – you need to see a Dr and get it checked out immediately.

Anti-histamines should resolve it if it is allergy related.

Does it burn, itch, or painful to the touch?

Have you had any unusual discharges from the head of it in the last 3 weeks?

Any tingling or bruning sensation across the skin area?

Has it shown signs of getting bigger or red streaks spreading?

Any of these is an infection and you need to hit a Dr today or asap.

Take Care
    Matthew

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

Well ok…That scared me a little. Went to urgent care today. The doctor really likes tattoos..Just kidding!… They dont think its an infection or an allergic reation. Fungus? whatever. They gave me some goo and said if its not better br Friday i should go back in for a biopsy. I think that was just some scare tactics. My personal onpinion is, that the area was not completely healed and when the new ink was applied they pounded in some dead/dry skin. Its about 10 percent bigger than Fridays picture. So it has grown a little in 3 days. I have been prescribed clotrimazole-betamethason ointment twice a day. Any other thoughts to deal with this would be appreciated.

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

The first picture was from last week. This is a picture from today. 10 days since the tattoo. It looks worse in the picture, but in real life it is getting better. The thickness of the skin has changed for the better and the center appears to be more transparent. The size is getting bigger but I hope it is almost over. Using the goo from the doc 3 times a day. Funny story..Artist said it looked like an ant bite or wondered if I was walking thrugh tall grass. Whatever…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Reaper

You did the right thing – insect bites should never be taken lightly.

I was in Egypt and a guy i was working with got an ant/insect bite and he left it without med care and kept picking at the area.

Long story short he fainted a week later and I saw his arm was weeping through his shirt he had gone septic. It was a less than yummy moment opening thet shirt I can tell you.

The Dr’s were talking about cutting his arm off to prevent gangrene but fortunately for him the IV of antibiotics kicked in.

The damn thing left a hole in his arm for months after.
    Glad it is healing up.

Take Care
    Matthew

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

This update is for anyone who may go through something like this in the future. The red spot is almost gone. Two weeks tomorrow. There are still a few small red spots but in general it is almost healed. I did get a little nervous for a few days, but realized how tough our skin really is. Thank you for all comments. Scheduled for next Friday to get some more.. Not the same artist. Once was enough with him.

Reaper
    Participant
    @reaper

The final update…..Crazy story… It turned into MRSA. Thought it was gone a couple times but ended up on Zyvox(strongest anitibiotic available today) and another very pwerfull antibiotic. 2800 mgs per day for a month. I am not sure where it came from or what could have been done differently. Just glad its over. Thinking about my other leg but am searching for ideas.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

wow that is crazy , did it get any worst then in the end ?

Walter666
    Participant
    @walter666

how does it feel now man…are u in agony…the first and second pic gives an intimation that the thing whatever seems spreading…on contrary are you allergic to something

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.