Shawnz
    Participant
    @shawnz

Hello,

i am new to tattoo’s and tattoo aftercare, i recently got a tattoo on my back/shoulder’s area. and that was last friday. i have been putting the A&D ointment the artist gave me on on it…3 times a day b cuz i read all over the internet to keep it moist…my artist didn’t rlly tell me anything, just told me to come back in the next 2 to 3 weeks for the coloring/filling in… i have even been avoiding taking a shower or anything because i have been scared of fading the ink, so basically i havn’t even cleaned the area because im scared of doing something wrong..but earlier today i was putting the ointment on it as usual, and the tatoo felt more crisp now, so as i was rubbing i looked at my fingers and there was a solid black line of color on it…so i started freaking out..i looked at the tattoo, and it looks like the tribal outline i has been unconnected…cant tell that well because it’s on my back.

but any advice would be greatly appreciated, anything on aftercare or as to what i should be doing and thank you very much =)

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Shawn

First bit of advice is do not panic – seriously it achieves nothing and if there is any need for a touchup (which is often common) your artist wuill do this for you.

There are several posts on aftercare on the forum but in summary;

Use the antiseptic cream 2-3 times a day do not swamp it a thin layer is enough.

Do this for the first 2-5 days or until the tattoo seals over (scabs)

Then switch to an unscented lotion 2-3 times a day to keep moist.

You need to wash your tattoo daily with water to stop infection shower as normal but do not scrub the tattoo area. Pat dry gently afterwards.

When the tattoo starts to peel it will push out some excess pigment – do not pick play or touch the scabs unless gently applying moisturiser.

If the ink has dropped out let it heal and the artist will touch it up for you.

Take Care
    Matthew

Shawnz
    Participant
    @shawnz

Thanks Matthew

yeah really bro thanks alot, i just needed a bit of advice as to what was going on with mine…im usually a big worry wort lol…but i woke up just now and it is starting to flake or whatever..and i can see the actual color coming off with it, looks very light underneath, but i guess it’s normal…should i continue to put the A&D ointment on it ? i got the tattoo last friday so it has been 5 days now…im just kinda iffy as to if i should put it on while it’s flaking because i dont wanna rip it off or anything

but thanks alot matthew for the advice i really needed it bro

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Shawn

I would advise non-scented lotion to relieve the itching and flaking.
    Tattoos always look lighter after they peel – if it looks too light then your artist will touch it up.

Keep it clean and moist and will be fine – post some pics up would love to see it.

Matthew

Shawnz
    Participant
    @shawnz

ok matthew i posted up some pics in my album for you to look at the tatt…..but i still gotta go back for the coloring

jgensur
    Participant
    @jgensur

Hey Shawn. Same as what Matt said, make sure you wash it everyday and keep it moist. Dont freak out about it. The tattoo will heal and create scabs the same color as the ink and peel those colors when they are ready too. Just try and keep in mind that you dont itch or scratch it when it becomes itchy. If the itchyness starts to drive you crazy give it a couple light slaps. But dont worry if a little of the ink comes out, that is part of the touch-up that is almost always inevitable.

Shawnz
    Participant
    @shawnz
    jgensur;41267 wrote:
    Hey Shawn. Same as what Matt said, make sure you wash it everyday and keep it moist. Dont freak out about it. The tattoo will heal and create scabs the same color as the ink and peel those colors when they are ready too. Just try and keep in mind that you dont itch or scratch it when it becomes itchy. If the itchyness starts to drive you crazy give it a couple light slaps. But dont worry if a little of the ink comes out, that is part of the touch-up that is almost always inevitable.

man thanks alot bro, thats exactly what i was looking for right there what you said…..just to know that the dark color that is coming off with this flaking is normal…and that the touch up process is inevatible…that makes me alot happier…but see im still kinda iffy about the washing it part…because they say to let the flakes fall off there self or whatever….im afraid to even touch it now that it’s flaking

but thanks alot bro for the info i greatly appreciate it

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Shawn

If you don’t wash that tattoo it could go septic and lead to blood poisoning or gangrene – I saw a case of that in the middle east they had to cut his arm off. (It was a less than yummy moment).

Just run it under warm water and maybe use a light antibacterial soap and gently wash the area.

When done pat dry (no rubbing)
    Keep it clean or lose some ink.

Take care
    Matthew

Shawnz
    Participant
    @shawnz

yeah sherav but the problem is i dont have antibacterial soap…..would johnson’s baby wash work?

but the tattoo has been itching me to death the past 2 days i guess that’s a sign of healing, but thanks alot for keeping me informed sherav =)

denny-joe
    Participant
    @denny-joe

Hey dude,trust me, try BEPANTHEN,its nappy cream ,awsum. bit of kit.Total aftercare.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i have used johnson’s baby soap before and its never done any of my tattoos any harm. :rolleyes:

trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

I was told to use antibacterial soap and then pat dry and then use h2ocean. Am i doing it wrong? following the h2ocean card they gave me and what the artiest told me

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

There are a number of different approaches but there is nothing H2O that will harm your tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.