apostle228
    @

ok, so my artist who ive gone to for all my tattoos tells me for this new one, dont put anything on it till the scabs fall off, then use lotion… huh? is this a good idea? i mean, i trust my artist and all, but that just goes against what everyone else says. is this method ok? will it harm anything?

chucky
    Participant
    @chucky

thats odd.. i was told if i didn put lotion it wud scab up and effect the coulouring.. think u shud stay goin the way u did with the others and use the lotion.

apostle228
    @
    chucky;39321 wrote:
    thats odd.. i was told if i didn put lotion it wud scab up and effect the coulouring.. think u shud stay goin the way u did with the others and use the lotion.

ya thats what i figured. ive never used any ointments on any…. just lotion. and to not do that seems like it would cause hard crusty scabs instead of flakey ones.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You can go ‘dry heal’ but most ppl complain of the soreness and cracking of the skin.

Also the epidermis is actually layered with dead skin cells so if you just leave it dry all the time you can get a gooey build up that looks, smells, (and allegedly tastes) very unpleasant.

Personal choice really – me i would always go ‘wet’ over dry healing anytime.

Matthew

apostle228
    @

thanks for your input all! i’ll just let it heal as the artist suggested to

iNKYBITS
    Participant
    @inkybits

Hey fellas am kicking 50 this year and when i was first tattooed over thirty year ago and up until only a few years ago, (about 11yrs), nothing was used or recommended. You just put up with the itch and if you did pick at them then you would suffer the wrath of the artist for ruining his work making spaces in his ink where the scabs were picked and ink removed. In the last ten year there has need a profusion of recommendations and contradictions of what is best. In my own experience the less products the better the outcome. My ink in the last ten years is as vibrant as ever and i use only one product called “tattoo aftercare” (TAC) which is made in scotland. This stuff is used by Britain’s top artists including Louis Molloy, he’s the head honcho of the TV show London Ink and is probably the UK’s most famous artist, (he tattoos David and Victoria Beckham, wonder if that helped? lol). But seriously this a is a guy with over 25yrs experience tattooing so if he say s its the best he’s come across then am there ๐Ÿ˜Ž OOPs! forgot to leave a link so here it is http://www.tattooaftercare.co.uk

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i agree about the dry healing process being of the latter years, and in asia they still recommend using only hot water to wash it with, but no lotions, wash it off twice and then leave it to dry out..

i still recommend using savlon or bepanthen to all my clients

apostle228
    @

ya… i usually just use lotion from day one. its always worked perfect for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.