teh_universe
    Participant
    @teh_universe

There’s just so many contradictions. “Use this!” “Use that!”. Basically, I’m going to list what I’ve heard works good, and you can tell me what you think. Thanks.

First Week Aftercare:

Bacitracin
    H2Ocean Foam
    Aquaphor
    A+D
    Bepanthen

3-4 Week After Care:

Lubriderm
    H2Ocean Cream
    Aquaphor
    ???

What do you think is the best way to go?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i always used Bepanthen
    and it healed fast and kept all colour ๐Ÿ™‚
    never needed a touch up

teh_universe
    Participant
    @teh_universe

Did you use only Bepanthen?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Bepanthen, for the first few days, then an unscented moisturiser for the rest, i actually use bepanthen until its healed as im a slow healer and prone to infection very easily.

msanders
    Participant
    @msanders

I found somethin that works great. You won’t have to worry bout switchin from bepanthen to somethin different later for moisturizing. It has a lot of great ingredients in it that help heal, moisturize, and won’t pull the color out. We all know that the first couple weeks are the most important to having a great looking tattoo later on in life. It even comes in an easy apply container so you can apply anywhere anytime and won’t have to get greasy. Someone introduced it to me and i could tell a huge difference from my previous tattoos. I’ll never use anything else. Here’s a link of where you can find it. http://thesoappeddler.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=32

dwg20
    Participant
    @dwg20

I use 100% pure EMU Oil the first week. During the 2nd week, I use H2Ocean foam. This is a great combination and scabbing and itching is significantly minimized.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i advise either savlon or bepanthen for the first 3 to 4 days then use non scented body lotion
    fully heals within 10 days normally

i had one client showing her friends the piece i did on her wrist, she was saying that she used savlon and it was fully healed in 3 days…. i did it on the monday at about 5pm, she used the savlon 3x tues, 3x weds, 3x thursday….. it only scabbed slightly then flaked and by friday morning it was completely done

SallyMac
    Participant
    @sallymac

I used paw paw salve.
    Personally like to stay away from things with chemicals as much as possible,and found this was really good.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

bepanthen for me for 5 days or so, then onto an unscented mositurising lotion (currently vaseline intensive care stuff)…does the job fine for me ๐Ÿ™‚

iNKYBITS
    Participant
    @inkybits

Tattoo Aftercare (TAC) http://www.tattooaftercare.co.uk I use this now for everything. As their slogan says Soothe Moisturise Maintain and it has worked for me every time. My ink has all healed in under a week and it can be used to freshen up ink before going out, moisturising the skin. It was also very good at healing up a cold sore i had in only a few days and its all natural. ๐Ÿ˜€

CosmicDolly
    Participant
    @cosmicdolly

i use Hemp Stick…its great all natural, lots of good stuff in it…its got no petroleum or parafin wax like bepanthen does which can draw ink from the skin, bepanthen also clogs up pores really bad…i used bepanthen for years only got hemp stick with my last 2 tatts and i can see a noticeble difference..its good shit! i buy it online for 10 dollars, just google it!

also if you ever have a tatt that seems to be taking a while to heal, use some pure vitamin e oil, from chemists or health shops…vitamin e is a natural healing agent, the oil is a little sticky, but really good!…also doubles up as skin care for my boa constrictor.. lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.