keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

Hello, this is my first tatoo and i’m kinda nervous. I used a cream for it (good for injuries etc) recomended by my artist- Bephanten. I’m scared that i used to much and made the tattoo scab and then ‘crack’. (i even aplied it at night)

Here’s a close-up of my tattoo, as you can see in some places it cracked.

Will the colour be less dark in that areas? Will I have to retouche it? Or is it just part of the healing process? Some ink appears to be ‘leaking’ from the model. Will it stay that way?

The center (the spiral) is about 6cm / 2,4 inches in diameter.

img0280fq4.th.jpg

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

tattoo’s scab up. its part oflife and sometimesthey crack and sometimestheymight leave some patches where they need to be touched up

i would say you need to get your tat touched up a little.

it looks quite big from the pic so i imagine your tattoo artist will be happy to do that free of charge

keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

It’s not that big. The center (part of it you can see in the pic) is ~ 6cm in diameter.

So there’s no chance the cracks will go away and the tattoo will look like it healed perfectly?

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Your artist should have told you to apply only a thin layer every 2-3 hours starting the day after you got it. How long have you had it? if you just got it the leaking of ink is normal. Scabbing should occur within 1-2 weeks depending on the person getting the tattoo. Also in 2 weeks or so it will start to itch LIKE CRAZY!!!!! DO NOT SCRATCH IT!! Ya gotta tap it if you must do something about the itching. It gets annoying but stops after a week or so. Once mine started to scab i was applying my unscented lotion only 2- 3 times a day and then a month later it was healed and no need to lube it up. Mine is small though so some bigger than mine may take longer to heal.

How long did your artist tell u it would take to heal? also what is this cream he recommended? whats in it?

keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

I got it exactly 3 days ago. I gues i overdid it with to much lotion. I used Bephanten. The ink leaked 1-2 days ago, there is no more ink leaking now.

Last night i was at a friends house so i couldn’t apply lotion for aprox 6 hours. When i sleep i don’t cover it. Should i use a bandage? Sometimes i wake up at night and aply lotion but sometimes i wake up with the tattoo dry.

He said it will heal in 1-1.5 weeks.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

1-1.5 weeks???!!! hmm that sounds too soon… just be on the safe side and keep tending to it using the lotion… if your iffy about the lotion your using just use regular lubrederm with no smelly fragrance.

No you dont have to keep it covered… let it breathe… this will enable a good healing and quick as well.

if he said 1-1.5 weeks give it 1.5-2 weeks more jsut to be on the safe side THEN if it heals well go back and get it touched up in the areas it cracked. the craking is normal too from what i heard and some ppl have to go and get touch ups but its no biggie and should be free.

take it easy on the cream he gave you. I am going to google this stuff to see what is in it and i will be back with more input.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

aww well hell!! I cant find any review in english on this stuff… anywho i was told NOT to use any type of healing lotions… so if this is for healing id advise not to use it and get some unscented regular lotion.

hope this helps! 😮

keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

Here is some1 who uses it too http://www.thetattooforum.com/stuff-use-heal-after-ink-t10014.html

It’s for mild scars, baby care (from diaper rash) and small burns.

I will use it for 2 weeks just to be safe, or after 5 days should i switch from healing lotion to vitamin A&D lotion ?

Now it started to itch 🙁

keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

The scab that is falling is very thin and all of my tattoo is covered by it. Could i be dry ink? There’s not a big difference betwen the skin where the scab felt and the scabby tattoo when it’s dry (almost same amout of blackness).

Later edit : i looket it over the internet. people say that the tattoo forms a layer of dead skin on it that peels like the skin from a sunburn, and that the flakes are coloured. Hope this could be it. I was a kid and had alot of scraches and i know how a scab is, but this thing on my tattoo looks more like dead skin from a sunburn

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

heya!!!

it is normal for scabs to crack whilst healing, it doesnt mean the tattoo will be patchy once it has healed!!! just bear with it, you cant tell how a tattoo will look until it has fully healed!!!

i find bepanthen is the best cream for me because i dont scab at all, but i only put it on twice a day and jus after a bath or shower etc!!!

once your tattoo has healed and if it is patchy, go back to your artist and tell them you want it reworked!!!

hope this info helps!!! kez 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@keeekeeess 30491 wrote:

Here is some1 who uses it too http://www.thetattooforum.com/stuff-use-heal-after-ink-t10014.html

It’s for mild scars, baby care (from diaper rash) and small burns.

I will use it for 2 weeks just to be safe, or after 5 days should i switch from healing lotion to vitamin A&D lotion ?

Now it started to itch 🙁

Yea i was trying to google it but nothing came up… at least we have a few ppl here who use it and say its great.

whatever you feel comfortable with… i used regular lotion which is prolly like you A&D lotion and im fine. I have really sensative skin so i just use mild lotions.

keeekeeess
    Participant
    @keeekeeess

Now the whole layer of thin skin witch was on top came down and the tattoo looks healed but the colour is a bit faded. It also looks like it has bright circles all over the tattoo (like a chicken skin).

Could it be because i used cream the minute i got home instead of waiting 2-3 hours? :(:(

Here’s how it looks now

img0363hp2.th.jpg

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

@keeekeeess 30648 wrote:

The scab that is falling is very thin and all of my tattoo is covered by it. Could i be dry ink? There’s not a big difference betwen the skin where the scab felt and the scabby tattoo when it’s dry (almost same amout of blackness).

Later edit : i looket it over the internet. people say that the tattoo forms a layer of dead skin on it that peels like the skin from a sunburn, and that the flakes are coloured. Hope this could be it. I was a kid and had alot of scraches and i know how a scab is, but this thing on my tattoo looks more like dead skin from a sunburn

Don’t worry flaking skin with corresponding bits of colour attached is normal as the tattoo heals, what your aiming for is for it to completely flak of and then the new layer of skin will have a smooth platform to cover you can at times be left with some minute patches that don’t drop of and the new skin forms over them and it will feel harder than the surrounding area again nothing to worry about as these pieces will eventually work there way to the surface and become smooth

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

@keeekeeess 30831 wrote:

Now the whole layer of thin skin witch was on top came down and the tattoo looks healed but the colour is a bit faded. It also looks like it has bright circles all over the tattoo (like a chicken skin).

Could it be because i used cream the minute i got home instead of waiting 2-3 hours? :(:(

Here’s how it looks now

img0363hp2.th.jpg

I call it the onion skin look —again to me this is a normal part of the healing process —colours can look dull at the early stage of healing—-give it a few weeks then see how it looks:)) think IMHO you may have to get it touched up a bit —hard to tell for sure as the cream has distorted the picture a bit

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

u should not keep ur tattoo too wet, like it’s been said u should use ointment 1-2 times a day u do need to let the tattoo dry out a bit so the skin can get rid of dead bits and this way heal. i think u over looked after it:) but it’s ok not to worry after about 3 weeks to a month go back for a touch up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.