McGufter
    @

I am thinking of getting some work done over Christmas and I am intending to spend new years in the middle of no where in Latvia, there will be a sauna and a cold lake, whats the question you ask? well, will either of these activities, the sauna or the jumping in the lake affect the healing of the tattoo which will be probably 3-4 days old?

Hello btw, I have enjoyed lurking on the forum for a bit.

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

its shouldnt, but be carefull when you are outside to use sunscreen. neither should affect it harmefully, sweet comes from pores, and the ink in the tattoo is actually stuck between layers in your skin. your pores go through your skin, so it shouldnt be a problem.

I would be more worried about being gentle with it in the water, the cold wouldnt do anything, but water magnifies light, and also is DIRTY. Anytime you have any open wound (including a unhealed tattoo) getting in a pool you risk a staph infection (staphococus has many strains, the most common of which resides on your skin right now, yes everywhere). Although usually harmless, if the staphococus aureaus get into your blood stream, then you risk not only infection of the tattoo, but also a blood infection. (staphococus aureaus is becoming resistant to almost all antibiotics as well).

So, to sum it up, you will likely not get an infection from going in a pool after 2-3 days, but I wouldnt and dont do it… I would wait till it is healed. As someone who has seen the results of staph septicemia you dont want to deal with it!

Girl Interrupted
    Participant
    @girl-interrupted

tattooer says that he’s going every time when he have a new tat a sauna. (He’s have been bussines on 35years…) Only what u have to wach out is infection, cause the skin will sweatin so the skin pore will opened and the bacteriums can hit… But i will say that to u in sauna your tat will be feeling like burning…
    Believe me, Finnish invent a real sauna ๐Ÿ˜‰
    so have nice saunaevening ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.