Kayla
    Participant
    @kayla

I have been interested in getting a tattoo for a while now. I was researching after care on a site for a shop I was interested in, and they said that the ‘tattoo goo’ they rub on the tattoo after it’s completed contains almond oil. Unfortunately, I have a nut allergy, so that wouldn’t work so well. I tried to e-mail the shop to ask if this is the case for all shops, but they did not respond.

Does anyone know if all ‘tattoo goo’ contains nut oils? Is there anything that can be used as an alternative?

DeStiNyMoMmy6
    @

Use CUREL lotion.. And anti-bacterial soap.. Neither of them should have a scent.. Just origional.. I have 5 tatoo’s and they both worked and my tatoo’s were looking good within 3-4 days.. If you have any other questions just email me.. I know alot about tat’s.. Mommy2destiny21@yahoo.com

LeeCee
    @

You don’t need to use anything special. Wash it with a gentle soap and keep it moisturized with a gentle moisturizer.
    Most tattoo parlours will give you an aftercare sheet that will say this.

tyandemsmom
    @

The Original Tattoo Goo contains Olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, vitamin e, lavender oil, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, and D&C green 6. The shop I get mine done at recommend using Bacitracin ointment for the first 3 days then switching to tattoo goo or cocoa butter or the tattoo goo aftercare lotion. Go to the Tattoo Goo website for more info. Every shop has slightly different aftercare instructions, if you are allergic then you may want to try other shops. If the shop you want to go to didn’t respond to your email maybe you can try calling or stopping in & explain your allergy and see if they have an alternate care routine for you.

Hope this helps!

Scurvydog
    Participant
    @scurvydog

I have used Curel on both of my tattoos. No problems. I would recomend that. Just make sure it is fragrance free though.

stink
    Participant
    @stink

i use Bepanthen and there is no scap what so ever and it holds the color in its amazing stuff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.