s2k350z
    @

ink came off! Is that normal? When I dried it this morning and as well again tonight, more ink seemed to come off on the paper towel. I pat dry it so whats up with that? Its always seems to be in the same small area too? Help! Is it normal?
    This is my first tattoo. When I dried it this morning and as well again tonight, more ink seemed to come off on the paper towel. I pat dry it so whats up with that? Its always seems to be in the same small area too? Help! Is it normal?

Helen Scott
    Participant
    @helen-scott

Are you sure it’s not blood/a scab? I wouldn’t worry about it….although I don’t think the ink is really “suppose” to come off, it happens. Just wait for it to heal, and get the tattoo artist to fix it (your artist does guarantee their work, right?).

Helen Scott
    Participant
    @helen-scott

Are you sure it’s not blood/a scab? I wouldn’t worry about it….although I don’t think the ink is really “suppose” to come off, it happens. Just wait for it to heal, and get the tattoo artist to fix it (your artist does guarantee their work, right?).

JTtheLAR
    @

Its normal, the ink will scab and come off a bit. With my chest tattoo I fell asleep with a white shirt once (right after i got it). The next morning my shirt had my exact tattoo imprint on it. lol

yes it IS normal, trust me. I have alot of tattoos.

Pointers

– Never use neosporin, the A & D is the best.

– And if the tattoo becomes uncomfortable, put a little NONscented lotion on it. It will relieve the pain.

– If it itches, dont scratch it! Just give it a little slap.

furlo
    @

hell no that aint normal… maybe you went somwhere dodgy where they water down the ink… id go to another tattoo place and see what an actual professional has to say… but you said its in one spot so maybe they didnt go deep enough in that spot anyway good luck if it is a scab.. stop picking!! keep it moist with a nappy rash cream put cream on it heaps and it wont scab up

Kayleigh K
    @

it’s not the ink that’s coming off… it’s the scab!
    it’s normal coz it has to come off but just be careful!

White lighting
    Participant
    @white-lighting

A&D is a bad choice to use. Single antibiotic ointment only! Bacitracin from now on! After the first week you can switch to Lubiderm, or another unscented skin lotion. But dual or triple antibiotic ointments are trouble. As well as petroleum products. Don’t use vasaline on a fresh tattoo (as well as A&D) or it can make the pigment come out. Your tattooist should have told you this. Thanks.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

it also depends on how much cream you are putting on it, you only need a small amout just enough to give a thin film over the area…. it could be where the artist has packed in lots of ink to fill the area..

i tell my clients to wash it when they get home with hot soapy water ( as hot as they can bear without hurting) this opens up the pores and washes out the surplus ink thats not doing anything, then pat it dry…. leave for a couple of minutes and the pores will close up again. then apply a very thin film of antiseptic cream.
    wash it normally with mild soapy water 3 times a day for next 3 days adding cream afterwards.
    then just use none sented body lotion to keep it moist for the next 4 or 5 days and it will heal nicely….
    i have never had anyone complaints of the same symptoms your having 😉

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@s2k350z 26033 wrote:

ink came off! Is that normal? When I dried it this morning and as well again tonight, more ink seemed to come off on the paper towel. I pat dry it so whats up with that? Its always seems to be in the same small area too? Help! Is it normal?
    This is my first tattoo. When I dried it this morning and as well again tonight, more ink seemed to come off on the paper towel. I pat dry it so whats up with that? Its always seems to be in the same small area too? Help! Is it normal?

Calm down kiddo… I went threw the same thing with my first one… i was asking all my friends if it was normal and heres what they told me… artists will put more ink so that your skin will have more than enough and when you touch it or pat it dry some of the ink that is on the surface will come off… its totally normal. No worries, when your lubing it up with whatever you use (i suggest lubrederm unscented lotion and when washing use orignal dial antibacterial soap) just put a thin layer of cream on it each time. Dont over do it just put enuff for the skin to absorb. if you still see a lil bit of cream after applying its ok your skin will absorb it. When it starts to itch dont scratch… slap it if ya have to. the itching part is the healing process and it is annoying for sure but its normal too.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

oh by the way

WELCOME!!

Congrats on the first tattoo as well… what is it of? ya got pics?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.