K Skye
    @

i just got a tattoo on my ribs. probably going to have to get it touched up anyways even though im really not lookin forward to it… but where the scabs are peeling away and i can kinda see what it looks like. its REALLY light… just got it done saturday and monday i put the A+D on it and put my shirt over it. the shirt got stuck to it and when i took it off it pulled some of the scabs off too so i hope thats not why. but could that be a reason why its lookin really faded?

Kayleigh-Anne
    @

if you pick the scab or your clothes or anything rub against the scab and accidentally pull some off it will make the ink fade, so its very likely thats the reason why it looks faded… will just have to go for a touch up and be more careful of the scab even though its really hard

Leanne W
    @

you need to go back asap the sooner you go back the more likely they will touch it up for free! if its only been a few days they will look at it and they will book you in when they think it will be ready to be touched up. you have pulled the scabs off with your shirt but i wouldnt tell the tattooist this or they will just blame you and make you pay all over again. they really should have warned you before hand. i had the same thing it was my first tattoo on my foot they never told me the scab may fall off too soon and it will be faded and id have to have it done again i was really shocked when the scab fell off after two weeks and there was nothing there! i went back and because they didn’t warn me they did it again for free!

o0o0o_lisa_o0o00o
    @

Your tshirt has pulled the scab off aswell as some of the colour. Chances are you may need to get it re-coloured, leave it a few weeks untill all the scabs have cam off and it is properly healed so as you know for sure if it needs recoloured.

In the mean time wash it 4 times a day using mild soapy water and pat it dry with a clean towel or paper towel and apply a light moisturiser afterwards

kim
    Participant
    @kim

Get in contact with your tattoo artist.

Jane S
    @

basically, if the scab gets pulled off before it’s meant to (ie: when it would fall off naturally), some of the colour gets pulled out along with it. Or at least that’s what I was told by my tattoo artist. I have 4 tattoos, all black and some of them have small areas where they’re lighter than the rest of the design where bits of the scab have been pulled off accidentally. You can always go and get it touched up, the place I go to does free refills if the tattoo heals looking significantly lighter so maybe you should ask for that.

Hope you get it sorted 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.