faye333
    @

I got my first tattoo 4days ago in amsterdam, clean establishment, quite pricey. thing is i asked if they could tattoo dirctly over some scratches i had. i was told they were healed enough and that they could go ahead with it. this sounds stupid but im worried the skin from my scratches is coming off and bringing ink with it, can tattoos fade? oh any advice on aftercare? all advice is greatly appreciated, cheers
    faye x

Maya`s dad
    @

use some stuff called tattoo goo. works real good and way netter than vasaline of neosporin. and yes tattoos can fade. especially reds. but a good shop will guarantee against fading

leah123marie
    @

When I got my tatoos, I got a scab over the design that was the same color as the tatoo. I kept putting the lotion on every day as suggested and eventualy the scab came off on it’s own and the tatoo underneith was revieled. I made the mistake of picking the scab on one tatoo and that one has a little white spot in it now. Whatever you do, don’t pick at it!! And try not to mess with it too much. Just put lotion on it every day and it should be fine. If for some reason you have marks in the tatoo where your scratches are, you can probably get some one to fix it pretty cheap, too.

Katie
    Participant
    @katie

tattoo’s can fade.they can stretch too. theres this stuff called tattoo goo. its about 60 dollars but it works.

tamrn02
    @

yes tats fade. The natural healing of a tat for the first few weeks is to peel, that skin will create a fading look. Keep using a good lotion. After the healing process, about 6 full weeks will be the actual color of the tat. It will fade over time though as our skin keeps peeling off over time. Probably has nothing to do with the scratches, however, watch for infection, (warm to touch, fever, pus).

lindsay_jo_294
    Participant
    @lindsay_jo_294

It’s normal for the tattoo to become scaly and peel.You will loose some ink during the healing proccess

Aftercare:
    Keep bandage on until you are someplace where you can begin proper care, preferably no longer than ten hours.

After removing the bandage: Wash the tattoo with cool water. Cool water is less likely to stimulate bleeding again. When washing the tattoo, water rinse and/or soak. Gently wipe. Take care to get all the little blood beads off. You can wipe it softly; this will not hurt the tattoo. Basic baby wipes work great..

After washing: Apply a very small amount of the Aquaphor to the tattoo. Whatever you can’t wipe into the skin… wipe off! If later it appears dry… it is, so put more Aquaphor on. Use as sparingly as hand lotion. It is better to use very little more frequently, than to cake it on and leave it.

Don’t re-bandage!
    ••• ICE YOUR TATTOO •••
    Note: Putting an ice pack on the tattoo helps to reduce swelling and reduces the secretion of body fluids. Body fluids will only create heavier scabbing, making further care more difficult.

CONTINUE TO WASH every 2 to 5 hours and apply the ointment as described above. If you wake up to what seems like the beginning of scabbing, SOAK IT OFF!

If you do not continue to wash as above, then you will get heavy and dry scabbing. At this point, discontinue soaking. Perhaps stop in and/or call us. Don’t pick your scabs. If you pick at the scabs, I promise you will lose color.

For the first day or two it will seem as though all is well and there won’t be a scab. You’re not done. Continue to follow the washing instructions for at least 7 days. ONLY USE AQUAPHOR!

Remember, it is almost better to do nothing than to do something wrong. I have found many products will draw the color out of the skin. It doesn’t matter what your “know it all” friends have to say, follow your artist instructions.

Keep tattoo out of the sun. This does not just mean lying out!!! No sun means no sun… period. The sun will damage your tattoo. After the tattoo is healed you should use a sunscreen; we recommend 45-50 SPF. Don’t use a sunscreen formulated for baby skin. They are meant for b-a-b-i-e-s! Their skin is much different. Sunscreen will keep your color bright and the color contrast of your skin tone the way it was meant to be. They use your skin tone as a highlighted part of our work. If you tan it, highlights will become low lights, and the effect will change.

Allow the skin to heal with out picking, swimming or tanning or whatever unusual thing you can think of. Use common sense when choosing your wardrobe. If you have questions CALL YOUR ARTIST. Don’t think it is a dumb question, just call… You might really feel dumb if you don’t.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.