rose’
    @

I got two 8 year old tattoos redone about 1 1/2 months ago, one each on the inside of my wrists, in black. They both healed just fine, flat and smooth and everything. But now the one on my right wrist, is bumpy, puffy and raised, and slightly itchy. While the one on the left is still fine, nothing is wrong with it.
    When I got the tattoos redone, I washed it with an anitbiotic soap and used A&D ointment on them both.
    I’m kind of worried as to what is going on, with tattoo on my right wrist. I contacted the tattoo guy over the phone, that did them and I felt as though he just blew me off by saying nothing is wrong it’s probably irritated.
    But I don’t know, it’s been about 5 days, I’ve tried using triple antibiotic ointment on it, it doesn’t look better but it hasn’t gotten worse either.
    Is there anyone who is in the tattoo business or anyone who had the same happen to their tattoo, can give me an idea as what’s going on with it or what to use for it.

morgan1cj
    @

my tattoo is atleast 10 years old and still does this sometimes.
    as long as it’s not getting worse, i wouldn’t worry about it

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

This is a simple answer really, when this happens to tattoos it is your body telling you it is dehydrated, your skin shrinks and the scarring will always stand proud of untouched skin like any scar would.

GreatDaneMom
    Participant
    @greatdanemom

@scrubmuncher 24962 wrote:

This is a simple answer really, when this happens to tattoos it is your body telling you it is dehydrated, your skin shrinks and the scarring will always stand proud of untouched skin like any scar would.

thats great to know! sometimes i notice mine seems raised up a little and i always wondered why! thank you for that info!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.