RockStar
    Participant
    @rockstar

ok i just got a new tattoo today and the guy said to put unsented hand lotion on my tat. I have others and i have never been told to use hand lotion. Is hand lotion safe to use?

finlyngrace
    @

I just got another one a few days ago and was told specifically not to use lotion but to use Aquafor. I used it twice a day and it’s already healed with little to no pealing. Works Great!

christinabenoodt
    @

I think lotion is bad for your tattoo, because it makes it dry and not enough moisture. The best thing to use is a&d ointment.

Machado Mom
    @

Just use what you did when you got the others

kingtero1@sbcglobal.net
    @

I Got 10 Tats And The Best Think Too Do Is Use A&d Oinment For About 2 Weeks Then U Use Lubaderm Till Its All Heald Up. Good Luck

vaportrails
    Participant
    @vaportrails

Try to find some H2 Ocean, I’ve tried lots of diff stuff, but this seemed to help my tattoo heal better, and look better.

Lindsey S
    @

Just use body lotion like Vaseline

Brook Y
    @

yes i used it but Curel unscented works the best it doesn’t irritate like others

Bunny
    Participant
    @bunny

I wouldn’t use it…
    Most hand lotions contain various forms of alcohol (unscented or not) and alcohol dries out the skin, which makes your tattoo itch and flake… yada, yada.
    My tattoo artist recommends diaper rash cream…
    it moisturizes and has a low risk of allergic reaction.

newmom2b08
    @

i have 3 tats and for everyone they told me to get lubedeerm
    it so that your tat doesnt dry out and your scabs dont fall off so your tatoo heals like its supposed to its perfectly safe and the best choice

snuff242
    @

A & D is the best way to go. Not Neo.

Renee
    Participant
    @renee

I have had multiple tattoos and the best aftercare I found was this: Keep covered for the first 24 hours. Wash with gentle antibacterial soap 2-3 times a day and immediately coat lightly with a & d for the first 2-3 days. Just put enough on to cover it, not too thick. After that wash twice a day and apply the a&d for approx 2 weeks or until healed. You can reapply more a&d if it gets dry or starts to itch. I have found that rinsing with water and reapplying the a&d immediately seals in the moisture. Mine didn’t dry and flake or itch at all this way. Don’t soak in water, swim, pick at it, let direct sun on it or let water splash directly on it when showering until completely healed. Hope this helps

Ca D
    @

it may be better to use unscented Vaseline.
    to many additives in lotions.

amandarocks0484
    @

yeah mine was just un-scented hand lotion

cappo359
    @

Yes, just use a basic moisturizing lotion. Doesn’t matter if it’s got “hand” in the name.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.