roxygirlchantelle
    Participant
    @roxygirlchantelle

i got a tattoo on my foot around christmas time,
    it heeled weird and part of it even just scabbed off and
    just left a scar with no ink.
    part of the tattoo still feels like it has a scab on it.

anything i can do?

red_heded_rebel
    @

Have you gone back to the artist and shown him/her?? If not, I would do so immediately. If the ink is gone, they will probably be willing to make reparations (assuming it was a PROFESSIONAL inker). Sometimes the lighter shades of pinks and yellows take a while to appear . If all you have are scabs, you may have gotten a secondary infection in there and if so, you should prolly see a doctor.

beckaboo5
    @

go back to the tattoo place and let them look at it.. dont play with it…

tankeduptrouble
    @

Sounds to me that they didn’t get the ink in deep enough. You should talk to a doctor to make sure it’s not infected. I would complain to the tattoo parlour and want my money back at the least or (if possible) have them repair (re-ink) the tattoo when it has healed.

Frankie D
    @

I had the same problem with one that i got. I picked the scab and the ink came off with it. Usually if your tattoo artist is good and a nice person, he or she should touch that up for you at now cost to you. If you get it touched up, make sure to keep it clean with anti-bacterial soap and moisturized with fragrance-free lotion and try to keep it exposed as much as possible so nothing can rub on it and cause the scab to fall off.

Tasha555
    @

Go to a different artist and have them look at it and explain everything to them. Or you could go back to the artist that did it.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Is it your first tatt?
    If so it is possible that your body is rejecting the ink. If it does this it won’t heel up until your body has rejected all or as much as it can. Doesn’t happen that often but does still happen. The same concept as peoples bodies rejecting certain material with piercing, pushing them out of the skin (nipples particularly) completley.

It can be sometimes the ink the artist uses (not his fault) or you could just have a biological strand that won’t accept ink into it.

Docs probably the best bet. No point in touching it up if it is just going to reject it again, you’ll just end up with a mess.

Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.