Ryan L
    Participant
    @ryan-l

I just recieved a tattoo on my ring finger 9 days ago. I was not told to wash afterwords, and I have a feeling I went a little heavy with the a&d ointment. Now I have areas of scab that have come of along with the ink, and the remaining parts of the tattoo are covered with varying thicknesses of scabs. I have swiched to non-scented lotion. I am sure that I will have to go and get it fixed in a few weeks, but does anyone have any helpful info between no and then.. Thanks

hheritagesftl
    @

Well the problem with getting Tattoo’s on the hands and feet is that part of the skin Is used more and Its hard to keep the skin from stretching and flexing If you went to a good artist they would have told you that and If you didn’t wash It about 4-5 hrs after you got It you should have and then only apply a very thin layer almost to none of the A&D thats all It requires but If It has already starting to pull the Ink out Its to late and you will have to go back and get It repaired.

Spyderbear
    @

The scabs are supposed to fall off. You really only need A&D ointment for the first couple of days. After that, just unscented lotion, which is mostly to relieve the itch. The ink that was in the scabs was just extra ink. Unless your artist was not a good tattooist, there should be enough ink in the skin for the tattoo to still look good.

Joe K
    @

Yeah A&D isn’t the way to go. Use the lotion for now and see how it looks in a few days. Too early to panic, give it a few days and go over it with your artist and see what (s)he has to say.

RobF
    Participant
    @robf

Just keep it clean, and keep up with the lotioning. You will be fine. You may need a touch up, you may not. It may just be that area healed faster than the rest. You will have to wait and see. Many times while a tattoo is healing, it looks like the ink is coming out and there are spots where the ink didn’t take, but once it is all healed, it looks fine.

Sounds like the shop you went to was rather amateur. Next time, do some research and make sure the artist is licensed and health department certified.

jmprince01
    Participant
    @jmprince01

all scabs fall off eventually. the color underneath should stay intact. maybe they didnt explain well. just wash your hands gently and use a thin layer of the A&D. i’m sure you will be fine.

jmprince01
    Participant
    @jmprince01

all scabs fall off eventually. the color underneath should stay intact. maybe they didnt explain well. just wash your hands gently and use a thin layer of the A&D. i’m sure you will be fine.

RedSnookerBall
    @

Scabs are completely normal, if not a bit icky when they start coming off your lovely fresh tat. Get savlon or sudocrem, best thing for it and let nature take its course
    Of course you have to wash but maybe long immersion in water (3hr washing up sessions perhaps?) wouldn’t be the best idea.

Happy tattooing!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.