Yvonne C
    @

Hi there,

I really don’t like needles, in fact, when i had my belly button pierced, i passed out twice. However, i have been wanting a tattoo for a while, i am 25 yrs old, but have also been putting it off for the fact of the pain barriers. I was sondering whether or not, i called use an ointment such as emla of lignocaine to numb the area to get it done?

Curious, any info/feedback from tattoo artists would be great.

Also i am looking at getting a little tinkerbell tatt on my lower back (the usual common spot)

Thanks

🙂

Axeman257
    @

I agree with pon on this, if you can not take the pain of a tattoo, dont try to take the short cut, cause like he said, it could hurt in the end..

my phoenix was 5.5 hours straight in a chair, 4 hours through, my buddy (owner of the shop) put some on it just to cool down.. You can have the best numbing lotion in the world, your still going to feel the needle… if tattoo’s didnt hurt everyone would have em..

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

To be honest, you’d have to be seriously soft to not handle a piece on the bottom of the back, as you say a very common place for women. I’ve heard of people trying stuff to numb areas for tattoos but never heard of anything actually working, beside the point that the tattoo is constantly cleaned during the session, nothing will remain on the skin very long anyway.
    The pain is part of the tattoo that make the experience.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Yes, everyone is right Pain is part of the tattoo, that way it means much more in the end, a right of passage of sorts. You can use numbing agents, BUT it makes the skin very rubbery for the artist and the pigment cannot stick as well. Most of the stuff on the market will push the ink out of the skin, and we all know what that will do, nothing but screw the tattoo up. Your best bet would be to eat some bannanas and make sure you’ve had plenty of suger, without the caffeine, and let your body do the rest. If supplied right your endorphines will take care of your body for you. Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.