Jacob R
    @

Help it’s 3 weeks and looks bad. well i got my tattoo on a wed. put neosporin on it for the rest of that night and thurs. on friday i started putting CUREL lotion on it and bout 3 days later my leg swelled up super super big and was hurting so bad and around the tattoo turned red. eventually i tried to go with the A&D oint. but just made my skin start to pull up and it looks like all the ink except for a light color came out of it.. now it’s one big huge scab that looks real dry and i dont know when it’s gonna heal. help me does anyone know what i should be putting on it i know i messed up i need some advice though. it’s just a big scab.

sweetboy02125
    @

http://360.yahoo.com/sweetboy02125
    Mine is exactly 3weeks old. first 3 day with AD ointment. next 10 days with Curel lotion.
    Come back to your artist. he will decide what hes gonna do with yours.

I Love My Family
    @

You Were Not Supposed To Use Neosporin.. Alot Of People Are Allegic To That, You Are Supposed To Use A A&d Onitment In The Baby Section..now You May Have To Wait 6months For It To Heal,then Get It Touched Up…i Have 8 Tattooes…

zab1984
    @

is it a very large tattoo? I have a whole back piece done on my back and a huge rose on my lower back, it was so big it took about a month to heal and bled for about 2 weeks, it also leaked so much red from the flower I thought it was never going to heal. Whatever you do don’t pick the scabs and keep it moisturized. If it still hurts in a day or two I would go to the doctor to make sure you don’t have blood poisoning. Good luck

Elley
    @

Try these:
    Tee tree Oil (to kill any infection and dry/heal the scabbing)
    Polysporin (to help it heal effectively-be sure ur not allergic)
    Aloe Vera (to prevent scarring)

…You can get a small bottle of tee tree oil at the pharmacy section in some grocery stores, or just a pharmacy in general. Same with Polysporin.
    As for aloe vera, best thing is purchase an aloe vera plant. they are cheap,. like 5-10 dollars for a med-size one. Just break a peice of the plant off and apply the gel from inside onto the scabbed area.

That should make it heal up in a couple weeks. Best of luck!

cherry_now_in_laterz
    @

ugh ………ugh…….double ugh….o.k now that i have gotten over the heebie jeebies, i’ll tell you what happened. it got infected. you shouldn’t have put lotion on it. tattos normally scab up…. so thats not the problem…

the problem is that it became red and painful… go see a doctor .. like really fast… good luck

jkc
    Participant
    @jkc

Go back to your tattoo parlor and get their advice. I have 5 tattoos and all I have ever used after is Lubriderm lotion. I’m usually done with the peeling, etc. after a week. But all people are different. Your best bet is to go back and have them look at it and get their advice on how to procede so you don’t do further damage. And don’t worry. Any reputable artist will touch up your tattoo for free.

mischief
    @

The obvious thing to do is to go back to the tattoo parlor ( or any one really) and to relay your story and show them your tat and ask their advice, they are experts in this field – use their knowledge.

musics_mistress17
    @

ok when you get a tattoo you are suppose to clean it once daily with non scented dial antibacterial soap i wouldnt put anything else on it for a while and its normal for them to scab up by the time the scabs all come off it should be fine to put lotion and whatever on it

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

First off, I’d pop to the doctors and get some antibiotics to be on the safe side.
    From what you are saying you have probably had an elergic reaction to the ink, your body may be trying to reject it, hence it not healing and pushing the ink out, if its doing this then it won’t heal until either your body tolerates it or rejects the ink completely.
    It ‘isn’t’ normal these days with modern inks and needles to get a thick scab on it unless done badly (everyone can make mistakes but if the entire thing is scabby it’s not normal, a think peeling is what you should get, but we are all different) or you have a reaction to it as your seems to have done.

Hope it comes through ok!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.