none
    Participant
    @none

What is the best antibacterial soap to use on tattoos?Dial or something else?
    The only thing my tattoo artist didn’t tell me was what type of soap to use.I started out with a & d ointment but switched to lubriderm on the third day.They told me to use both.They even told me to clean and apply it every two to three hours or so.

InkHeart
    Participant
    @inkheart

Antibacterial Dial is what I used to recommend

Cleanse 3-4 times a day, allowing to air dry completely. Then apply a thin layer of fragrance free / alcohol free Lubriderm. Do not use a cloth as they tend to adhere to loose bits of healing skin, and can pull color out.

jenna j
    @

Plain soap and water is fine. pat dry and apply destin baby oniment clear after several times a day to keep it soft from scabbing

aerofrce1
    Participant
    @aerofrce1

Dial is fine. Just make sure it’s unscented…you want the most basic soap you can get ie no scent, no added colors, just basic soap…I personally like to buy mine in the foaming pump because it doesn’t leave a soap residue over the healing tattoo and it rinses off without having to rub it off.

`~Its love~`
    @

Truth……….

Its a scar…Let it do its thing…treat it as if u were just cut….Let it breath…DO NOT PUT TO MUCH STUFF ON IT..

Just use water….Pat it dry….DON’T RUB….

and u will be ok….

After one week then start using lotion so it doesn’t dry out the skin….

lilminxlovesya
    @

Savlon is the best to clean tattoos with and try using a neutral ph balanced soap but as little as possible around that area. The savlon cleans and sterilises the area of the tattoo as well so no need to use much soap

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.