princess_of_angels88
    @

yesterday i did a tattoo on my right shoulder blade,so wanted help on aftercare.how many days will it take to heal? n what products should be applied…n more…pls help me out in this…

wench
    @

almost any antiboiotic ointment is good to use.apply a thin layer so your tattoo can ‘breathe’be sure and massage it in good to get ‘inside ‘the skin depending on the size of your tattoo and how well you take care of it depends on how long it takes.make sure and try not to sleep on it when it is new because it may tend to stick to the sheets and if it is still in the healing process it may dry to it and if you pull it off it may damage the healing area.make sure and keep it clean and dirt free.make sure and wash it with an antibacterial soap such as dial.and pat dry.air drying is also a good thing.make sure and keep it out of the sun .treat it as baby skin and all should be fine in a matter of time.

Bubbles :)
    @

vaseline! the best for tattoos!

shortchick33
    @

you did a tattoo…
    like on your self…
    or you got a tattoo….

i dont think its possible to do a tattoo on yourself on your shoulder blade….

so if you got it done. go talk to the person who did it.

other wise your pretty stupid!

daddy280
    @

I kept both of my tattoo’s covered in bacitracin. Try to keep it from getting wet, or to wet. When it starts to scab up, resist the urge to pick at it and it should heal in 1 week – 2 weeks tops.

Anne..x
    @

i hear that putting vaseline onto a healing tattoo is not good, because the vaseline stops the skin from ‘breathing’ and the tattoo needs to heal …

greyfox
    Participant
    @greyfox

E45 or savalon are your best bets. thi will stop it from getting infeected and limit scabing duration.

apply a light coat of cream to the tattoo and leeve to settle into he skin. avoid soaking your tattoo e.g. haveing a bath untill it is heald fully (3 weeks max). when drying the area after a shower etc lightly dab it ,do not wipe.

DO NOT PIC IT. this includes scratching.

Cinoi1551
    Participant
    @cinoi1551

There are a lot of discrepancies over what is best. I don’t know what is best, but I know what I did.

Wash it with unscented Dial antibacterial soap when in the shower, keep it moist during the day using A+D Ointment, this went on for about a week, then into the second week I used unscented lubriderm lotion to keep it moist.

The total healing time was a little under two weeks.

Do not pick at the scabs even though they will be itchy, discolored (from the ink) and tempting.

Do not panic if some colored (from ink) skin peels off, it will be ok.

Also, you should call the tattoo parlour/artist and see if they have any other personal suggestions, but as long as you keep it clean it will not get infected and eventually be a beautiful and healed tattoo.

somebody who knows.
    @

mine too a little under 2 weeks i think, i didn’t use vasoline thought b/c i heard that the mineral oil makes it bleed the ink (?) i used a triple anti biotic on it.

Amanda Nicole
    @

I use vasoline. A lot of people say lotion, but it can burn and irritate the tattoo. I put a thin layer of vasoline on it twice a day for the first 3 days (especially after a shower), and then let it dry heal. it should be all healed in a week. Until then, dont’ let anything rub or push on it.

Chiemi ?s you!
    @

It will take about 2 weeks to heal completly. You should use A+D ointment on it for the first 3-4 days. Do not let it dry completley out before the 2 weeks is over, use unscented lotions. Otherwise it could fade. Do not keep it in a bandage, it needs oxygen. After the scabs come off, it should start to peel, then it will turn kinda white, then the white skin will peel off, and then your tattoo will look normal and you will know it is healed ๐Ÿ™‚

Hollywood
    Participant
    @hollywood

Use A&D for the first three days (only a very thin coat, just enough to make your skin have a slight shine) Then start using uncented lotion (lubriderm works best) (stay away from tanning beds) Oh and when if scabs up DONT pick at it.. It should be good about a week after its done skabbing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.