Masochistic_Tendencies
    @

This is probably a stupid question…but I’ve been kind of worried.

I currently have two tattoos, one of which is 5 months old and the other is a little over 3 months old. Do I still need to continue moisturizing them? I ran out of my moisturizer a few days ago and I haven’t put anything else on them. If I need to keep moisturizing them, can I use regular lotion? I don’t really have anything else to use and I don’t know when I can get anything else.

What would you recommend using, if I still need to moisturize them?

VeryQueasy
    @

You only have to put lotion on it for about 3 weeks after you get the tattoo while it heals, unless it gets dried out then I would suggest putting Lubridurm (or any non-scented lotion) on it.

The lotion is basically just to help the healing process, it keeps it from getting itchy and dried out.

xhilerated26
    @

A tattoo is usually full healed within 2-4 week, depending on your bodies healing time. I think it’s safe to say that you can stop moisturizing just for the sake of the tattoo, unless you feel the need to.

Shaylene
    @

No you dont need to moisturize them any more. They are fully healed. Moisturize them when they get dry, like you would any where else on your body.

Amelia
    @

my artist said to use an unscented moisturizer for 2 weeks.

it’ll be fine if you only use regular lotion if you want to keep moisturizing.

~*~Rella~*~
    @

I just continue to put lotion on mine…and they’re fine…if you want you can try lubriderm, that’s what I used right after I got my tattoo and it works very well

Miss?R
    @

Regular lotion is fine! It is recommended after they are completely healed (which it sounds like yours are) to put a little lotion on them after bathing and put sunscreen on them when they are going to be exposed to sun to help keep them from fading.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.