emilyann
    Participant
    @emilyann

what should my tattoo look like after 5 days? i have been washing and lotioning as instructed and have not been picking. it is naturally flaking a bit. but under where it is flaking off it looks very light and not filled in. When i got it done at first the guy said the ink wasnt wanting to go in my skin. is this what it should like like when the scab flakes off all light and not filled in? and then i’ll just have to go get it touched up?
    i have been using unscented lotion like lubriderm thats what they said to use.

BYMARTINEZ
    @

I actually just got my tattoo this past saturday, so as of right now its super itchy and flaky. It seems that urs is ok. U will probably have to get a touch up, but that isnt a big thing. Usually the person who tattoos u will do your touch up for free, so u might want to ask. It should look lighter than the flakes coming off. The flakes are always darker, because will the blood and everything. It will look like the ink is coming off too, but after it heals the color will come back. If you completly heal and you still see some spots that dont seem filled, just go back to the tattoo place and ask them if they can touch it up.

The Lotion I used was Curel..and everyone I know uses Curel. The soap i used was Dial. I have never tried Lubriderm, so I wouldnt know.

mummy
    Participant
    @mummy

i have eczema and the crappiest skin u can imagine. after getting my first tattoo done i was worried bout what to use as i’m allergic to everything. my tattooist suggested ‘Bepanthen’ available from chemists and supermarkets. its so great i’m using fulltime as for gettin it filled in again mine seemed alot lighter than when i got it done itsbeen 8 days now and its gorgeous the cream makes its silky soft and shiny without it being greasy. best thing i’ve used. good luck!

Misty j
    @

I have a few large tattoo’s and i wonder if you used the right lotion ? i personally use a a and d lotion it can be found in the baby section of most stores.
    Also if you have a lot of spottiness or the lines are not very distinctive you will need to go and have it touched up .
    You can also ask you artist what can be done to prevent this in the future .But last not least get a second opinion from a new and equally reputable tattoo artist .

xxatomundeadxx
    @

My tattoos look weird until about 3 to 4 weeks. They look scaly and shinny until a decent amount of skin is rebuilt. Sometimes skin will be troublesome at holding ink, or you could be allergic and it will shed that way. Either way a touch up will correct any imperfections. Go back next month.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.