someonewhy
Participant
@someonewhy

hello
i got inked 5 days ago and i am using the cream bepanthen plus 3 times a day..and i want to make sure if my tattoo is healing properly because as i can see the ink outside is not the same as the underones..is that how supposed to be??because the colors is not the same as it used to be on the first 2-3 days…
here are some pics:

thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wait for it it heal maybe those lines up top will be cleaner looking. Stop using ointment on it just use some lotion on it a couple times a day less is better.
It will look fine once colored and complete.

someonewhy
Participant
@someonewhy

@buttwheat 147727 wrote:

Wait for it it heal maybe those lines up top will be cleaner looking. Stop using ointment on it just use some lotion on it a couple times a day less is better.
It will look fine once colored and complete.

yea but the tattoo guy told me to use the bepanthen for about 2 weeks 3 times a day..and what kind of lotion do you mean?
EDIT
maybe i have to use the cream more then 3 times?because when i touch my skin its really dry after putting the cream my skin gets dry after 2 hours or so..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Everybody has different aftercare plans for me the drier the better. Just use some non fragrance lotion it will be fine. It is hard to break a new tattoo except by having it soaked in water or a ton of lotion/ointment on it.

someonewhy
Participant
@someonewhy

@buttwheat 147729 wrote:

Everybody has different aftercare plans for me the drier the better. Just use some non fragrance lotion it will be fine. It is hard to break a new tattoo except by having it soaked in water or a ton of lotion/ointment on it.

also he told me to wash my tattoo everytime before applying the cream..is that normal?i am just making sure i wont mess up my tattoo

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@someonewhy 147730 wrote:

also he told me to wash my tattoo everytime before applying the cream..is that normal?i am just making sure i wont mess up my tattoo

Welcome to the forum.

Too much ointment will mess up a tattoo quicker than not enough. After applying lotion or ointment you should not be able to see it. If it looks wet or shiny, you put on way too much.

For the first day or so I keep my tattoos wrapped in plastic wrap, washing when I change the wrap, then apply a NON PETROLEUM product.
When healed, I still moisturize all my tattoos a few times a week and I use SPF 50 sunscreen.

Good luck, keep us posted.

someonewhy
Participant
@someonewhy

here’s a better picture:
Untitled.jpg
is it fine?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.