253Kyle
Participant
@253kyle

So I started a solid black sleeve about 4 days ago. Started at my wrist and a large area around my wrist is swollen and sore. I keep cleaning it, keeping it elevated and I use Aquaphor after I wash it. Not sure if its still supposed to be like this. I have other tattoos that healed quicker but I’m guessing because its a solid piece it will take longer. Just wondering if this is common with solid tattoos or if I should get it checked out?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Keep it elevated over our heart as much as possible

Dan
Participant
@dan

I had a rose on the top of my right hand and it swelled up for a couple days,like butt said,keep it elevated,maybe take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen,maybe ice it with an ice pack.

pretty normal.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

After a 6 1/2 hour session on my leg, the swelling was so bad that I almost went to a hospital. Ibuprofen and ice packs should get you through it.

How long was your session? I no longer use Aquaphor. I tend to break out. Try a non-petroleum product.

Good luck, keep us posted!

253Kyle
Participant
@253kyle

Thanks for the responses. The first session was 4 hours. The swelling is starting to go down now. Was just a little worried, I have a 6 hour session coming up on Tuesday and didn’t know if it was going to be ready by then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.