Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

3 weeks today. followed aftercare as instructed. i get the dry skin part but alot of the lettering in the brown areas is rough somewhat hard skin. this is where it scabbed badly. i know i can get touch up but i just want to know if this looks normal and may heal up ok. first tattoo. minimal lubriderm 2 times daily and washed 3 times. thoughts o the overall condition of tattoo. thanks

20160529_070338_zpsrr1nb1or.jpg Photo by zebbman1 | Photobucket

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

Sam-I-Am
Participant
    @sam-i-am

That looks fine. Tattoos take three months or more to heal properly. RELAX! Keep us posted.

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

Good deal. No clue what to expect. Old dude old skin. Figured it may take a minute to heal but never hurts to get an honest opinion. Little military tribute to myself. Want it to look as good as it should. Thanks again for reply

buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

Yep it can take months to fully heal. A tattoo is pretty traumatic to your skin

Sam-I-Am
Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Zebbman 147990 wrote:

Old dude old skin.

Old dude? I was 56 when I got my first tattoo. Now I’m 60 with 210 hours under the needle!

Keep us posted!

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

Your reassurance is definitely comforting. Only wish I hadn’t waited 50 years to do this. I think many more are definitely in order. Got second one with different artist last Sunday. He had a different philosophy on aftercare which seems to be working much better. At least for me.

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

I guess 50 isn’t that old to start tattoos after all. Probably better to wait. Maturity brings better choices.

Dan
Participant
    @dan

@Zebbman 147987 wrote:

3 weeks today. followed aftercare as instructed. i get the dry skin part but alot of the lettering in the brown areas is rough somewhat hard skin. this is where it scabbed badly. i know i can get touch up but i just want to know if this looks normal and may heal up ok. first tattoo. minimal lubriderm 2 times daily and washed 3 times. thoughts o the overall condition of tattoo. thanks

20160529_070338_zpsrr1nb1or.jpg Photo by zebbman1 | Photobucket

LOL 3 weeks ? try healing time of 3 months to start ! it looks normal to me.

"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal." -Joaquin Phoenix
Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

Lol yeah I got that

Dan
Participant
    @dan

@Zebbman 147996 wrote:

Lol yeah I got that

and “old dude skin” ? I have been getting tattooed since my twenties,I’m 56 now and still getting tattooed,with plans for plenty more !

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

It was a joke

Dan
Participant
    @dan

@Zebbman 147998 wrote:

It was a joke

LOL ya,ok,I figured that,I was just joining in the fun conversation :rolleyes: ,should I have put in a smilie ? :p

Zebbman
Participant
    @zebbman

Sure. I like smiles.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.